USALS "Range Overflow check position" prompt.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
While setting up for my all Ku band dish channels, came across two satellites USALS Menu with the above prompt. This will not let me proceed in positioning the dish to these two satellites.

Here is what the screen looks like.
> Longitude: 90.2w
< Latitude : 30.0N
^ SES1K 101.0W [0.0E]
Down arrow Go to reference
OK Move.

The line that shows the ^ SESK1 101.0W has an extra "[0.0E]" designation that the other USALS MENU does not show or have. I believe that this is causing the "Range Overflow check position" prompt or error. How do I correct and delete this problem, of the exta [0.0E] on the SES1K line.

The receiver being used for this, is a Viewsat Ultra, if it means anything.

Thanks for any help offered.

PS. this happens when the OK or "Move" instruction to go to the selected satellite is selected.

Last edited:
Can you rename the satellite in the menu of the Viewsat & edit out the 0.0E?

I kept getting "out of range" for AMC 1-Ku on the pansat 9500 until I spotted the glitch in the sat list - ought to have been W but was E after the longitude.

If not that check the entry for the USALS - go into the settings, edit the sat longitude, back out, turn USALS "off" or "on" according to your setup.

Avenger,

Yes, the Viewsat Ultra has it recorded that SES 1 is at 0.0E and not 101.0W. The USALS program knows that this is out of range for your site latitude/longitude coordinates.

You need to find the method to tell the Ultra that SES 1 is at the proper western hemisphere orbital of 101. You may need to go back to another setup menu to edit this or possibly even delete the sat and re-enter it with the proper hemisphere notation (W vs E). Almost every IRD has a specific method to edit the orbital position of the sat, you need to determine what that procedure is for the VS Ultra. This should not be too difficult as the VS's are a popular (common) IRD and someone who owns one too, can tip you on how to do so.

If you are persistent, you can probably figure it out on your own. Sometimes there is just a simple trick like pressing the ? button while the orbital degree entry field is highlighted. On the AZBox, this button toggles the E to W and W to E for you. But, then you also have to adjust the orbital position from 0.0° to 101.0°.

You might have to visit two or more menu setup options to get it changed to the appropriate setting. Again, that is dependent upon each IRD's individual programming and menu trees.

RADAR

Was able to get rid of the 0.0E by deleting that satellite and renaming another that had 100.9W degrees designation into the SES1 101.0W. I was so happy to notice that old degree designation, that I cannot remember what satllite name it was.

Now I have to find close degrees designation numbers for the others to correct. This viewsat has a bunch of old named satellites with different old names and degrees designations.

One down a few more to go. I am doing this in order to have two satellite dishes, the $69.95 special for "C" band and the 39"x34" for Ku band.

Avenger,

Sounds like you are getting more familiar with your IRD and managing to make it work to your liking. You are learning in the best way, one little bit at a time. Don't fret, you are coming along nicely. All of us learned in the same way. There are so many IRDs out there that we cannot always provide the perfect information or instructions for everyone.

Once you get accustomed to your favorite IRD, you can start to learn more and more about how to operate it and all the sidedoors and backdoors and tips and tricks and tweaks. Eventually, you will become a pro on your system. Then another IRD will come out on the market that you just have to have and you get to start all over again! From scratch! HA HA!

Enjoy it and hold on for the ride!

RADAR

I just hope that the microHD will have all the Americans satellites and channels, and be more friendlier than the Viewsat.

You are correct, as soon as I get the opportunity to learn all of the Viewsat's functions, I will have to familiarized myself with the microHD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts