USALS vs Diseqc 1.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I was trying to tweak the signal on different sats and I was swithching between Usals and diseqc 1.2, and I noticed that the dish pointed to a totally different part of the sky for the same sat, when I would switch. Can anyone explain this? It has me baffled.

USALS will not work at the far extreams of the arc, when you send it on its way it will not move or move to the wrong position. With DiSEqC 1.2 its you who stores/saves and numbers the position.

Correct, USALS works everything out from the datum or "0"
DiSEqC 1.2 is a manual postion setting.

Thanks. That clears things up. So if I navigate to a particular sat in USALS, I have to save the position before switching to Diseqc 1.2, or the dish will move somewhere else away from the sat. In other words to locate a particular sat, I would use Usals to get there, and then to tweak the dish position with Diseqc 1.2 I would first need to save the position while still in usals. Am I making sense?

some receivers don't need to be assigned a position. My Coolsat I just hit "save" and it saves. Same with the Fortec Classic

I don't need to assign a number with my CaptiveWorks either. I just hit save. I was hoping to be able to ger G10r, but still no luck. I think I'm gonna have to move my dish higher to get it. Right now it is partially under the overhanging soffit, and I think the signal is blocked.

What overhangs the dish is more important than whats in front of it I have found over the years!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)