Use 2nd output on Genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ALAG3

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Port St. Lucie, FL
I just got the new Genie and 3 clients installed into my home and have a question about possibly using a secondary output from the back of the Genie to provide signal to a television on my back porch. Because of previous wiring, I have a coax from the television on the porch through the walls that comes out where the Genie is located.
My question is can I use a 2nd output from the Genie to feed into the coax? I realize I would have to watch the same channel as the Genie is tuned to, but that is okay as we only use the porch tv occasionally during parties to watch football, etc. I also do not care about HD out there on the porch.
Reading threads on this forum tells me someone here will have the answer! Any suggestions?

An old vcr can be used as an rf modulator.

Okay, sounds promising... I have an old VCR still hooked up that the Genie is sitting on top of. Do I just use the composite out from Genie to In of VCR, then coax out to porch tv?

That's all. Just remember to use the same channel on the remote television that the vcr is set to, 3 or 4.

I don't think this is going to work for me for a couple of reasons. The only input my "older" (2004) vcr has is coax. The other reason is the Directv guy connected rca's on the Genie's audio out to feed my Bose 321 system, which complicates the issue. What now?

You can probably find a suitable vcr at a Goodwill store or some similar place. Are there any other inputs on the Bose you can use?

I just looked on the Vizio TV and it has audio outputs. I unplugged the rca's from the genie and connected to tv, but now sound not coming through BOSE. I looked in settings menu on tv, hoping for a setting bud did not find anything. By the way, excuse the ignorance and thanks for all the quick advice!

I have ordered an RF modulator that should be here in a few days and will try the splitters for audio. Since it is a new installed Directv system, I also called Directv and they are shipping me a RF remote. There is only a sliding glass door and maybe 30 feet from the porch to the Genie so I am hoping I will also be able to change the channel from the porch. I will post back with results. Thanks again for the input!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)