used dish network satellite

ham5999

Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
USA
I just switched from Dish Network to a cable provider. Now I have the old dish still on my house.

What can I do with it other than sending it to the landfill? Seems like a waste as it is only 1.5 yrs old. Any suggestions? Can it be used by someone else?

Thanks!

before you get flamed for switching from Dish to Cable, ask a neighbor with Dish if they need a wing dish to get another satellite

You could try using it as a wok; A saucer sled as in Christmas Vacation; a cover for your plants; a hat to keep the sun off your head; You could put holes in it, and blow air thru and make cotton candy; You could use it as a shield if you were in a sword fight; It could be a lazy susan on your dinner table... ;) :D

If you want to watch NASA you can get the cheapest FTA receiver you can find and hook it up.

just leave as is, in case you decide to switch back to dish............

the cable teaser cost often skyrockets aftewr a few months.

think of the dish as insurance, you can use it to threaten to go back to dish

I saw the thread title and thought maybe they were putting Echo 5 up for sale. :)

You could try using it as a wok; A saucer sled as in Christmas Vacation; a cover for your plants; a hat to keep the sun off your head; You could put holes in it, and blow air thru and make cotton candy; You could use it as a shield if you were in a sword fight; It could be a lazy susan on your dinner table... ;) :D

well, I'm glad to hear it hasn't lost any value since I discontinued my Dish service! :)

I got to admit, I hope I never go back to Dish. I'm not sure what you guys like about it but I had a terrible experience the past 18 months. But that is besides the point.

Even if I did go back, would they be able to use the satellite dish, or would they just install a new one? It's a Dish1000. When I bought this house, it already had a Dish dish installed but Dish replaced it with this one. They said it couldn't be used. I just assumed it was their way of making more money by selling you a new dish every time. And if they could reuse this dish, then wouldn't it stand to reason that someone else could use it as well?

U be able to use it id just leave it there in case u change mind. you now even could buy your own dish reciver and resign this way you would own your stuff no contract etc.. You also could try fta like stated..

If it's on the roof, just remove the mast and leave the footplate (unless you have some way to properly seal the holes). If you can't get the dish to a scrap metal program, just send it on to the landfill. Believe me, it won't be the only one there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)