Useless players on your favorite team

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Who do you consider the worst/most useless to ever disgrace your favorite teams?

I'm talking about players who couldn't do a damn thing on your team. (Example: HD MM would go with either Courtney Brown or Tim Couch inm Cleveland- both were #1 picks that became catastrophic busts)

As a Sabres fan, I'd like to nominate Christian Ruutu. He had a nice rookie season and some decent numbers, but barely did anything in the playoffs and wasn't a game-in-and-game-out player who would show up many a night.

He was never what I would call a consistent scorer in Buffalo. He was more of a loafer.

There were only three things about him I liked:

1. His hockey cards looked cool

2. Chicago was gullible enough to deal Hasek for him

3. This: YouTube - Amazing Pass by Christian Ruuttu

P.S. I decided to go with my own Simpsons quote in my signature, ala that LSU guy with the Homer 'weasel' quote.

Right now I have a few
Brett Favre, my all time fav now friggin useless and a bunch of S%&t!!!

Jamie Mc Murray, will probably be gone from Roush at the end of the year, he can still drive but his performance is way down this season.

Tony Stewart Leaving powerhouse of Gibbs and I am not happy with him now, but who can blame him , someone give you a half of a nascar team is something you can turn down, at least we still have kyle busch.:):)

Mark martin, left Roush to retire ended up going to ginn , ginn was bough by the evil step bitch theresa earnhardt, Mark was kicked out of dei , he was too old for the army dudes sponsoring him and now is going to the Evil cheating empire of Hendrck, now my all time favorite drive will be team mates to the two drivers I hate the most Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson and now he is with jr too, I am pissed as hell, wtf mark??????

Can I vote in a manager instead of a player? I think that the "arm killer" Dusty Baker counts for a FEW "useless players" because I think he is THE most overrated manager in the history of baseball and a downright killer of young arms.....ask the Giants and Cubs fans....

Setup Reliever for the Indians, Rafael Betancourt.

In '07 he was integral to our bullpens' success. Last year, Betancourt had a 1.48 ERA and was practically unhittable.

In '08 he has an ERA of 5.79 and growing. Major disappointment.

this is ancient history but back in 1977 the red Sox gota pitcher named Ramon Hernandez from the Cubs who (if memory serves correctly) got shellacked every time we put him on the mound.

this is ancient history but back in 1977 the red Sox gota pitcher named Ramon Hernandez from the Cubs who (if memory serves correctly) got shellacked every time we put him on the mound.

OMG, I remember him. What a stiff he was!! Remember Stan Papi (Sox got him in a trade for Bill Lee)? He gets my vote. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)