Using 21.0 Remote with HWS (1 Viewer)

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have bunches of 21.0 remotes laying around. Some of them work my HWS and some don't. They all have the #1 key installed at the bottom of the remote. They all also have the UHF/IR switch under the battery cover set to IR. Why do some of the 21.0 remotes work my HWS and some don't?

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
They should all be at the 1 address with IR enabled on the receiver.

Hold SAT on the remote until all mode lights flash, press the number 1, press #.

Now test the remote
WOW, you are awesome. Will the 21.0 remote work a Hopper 3 and 4K Joey too?

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
They should. Just need to enable IR on the receivers and it'll work as it works your current Hoppers/Joeys
OK, good. I am going to use a 21.0 in my bedroom with a 4K Joey. I hope to be able to see the keys a little easier in low lite conditions since the remote has a silver face. I have tried out my 50.0 with the backllight feature but using the remote is driving me insane. I think the 40.0 is the best remote DISH has ever had. But, I am still trying to wean myself from it and use the 50.0 and 52.0.

Last edited:

JM42

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2010
GA
OK, good. I am going to use a 21.0 in my bedroom with a 4K Joey. I hope to be able to see the keys a little easier in low lite conditions since the remote has a silver face. I have tried out my 50.0 with the backllight feature but using the remote is driving me insane. I think the 40.0 is the best remote DISH has ever had. But, I am still trying to wean myself from it and use the 50.0 and 52.0.
Agree the 40.0 is best. The 52.0 is OK, but I HATE the touchpad on the 50.0.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts