Using 21.0 Remote with HWS

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have bunches of 21.0 remotes laying around. Some of them work my HWS and some don't. They all have the #1 key installed at the bottom of the remote. They all also have the UHF/IR switch under the battery cover set to IR. Why do some of the 21.0 remotes work my HWS and some don't?

They should. Just need to enable IR on the receivers and it'll work as it works your current Hoppers/Joeys
OK, good. I am going to use a 21.0 in my bedroom with a 4K Joey. I hope to be able to see the keys a little easier in low lite conditions since the remote has a silver face. I have tried out my 50.0 with the backllight feature but using the remote is driving me insane. I think the 40.0 is the best remote DISH has ever had. But, I am still trying to wean myself from it and use the 50.0 and 52.0.

Last edited:
OK, good. I am going to use a 21.0 in my bedroom with a 4K Joey. I hope to be able to see the keys a little easier in low lite conditions since the remote has a silver face. I have tried out my 50.0 with the backllight feature but using the remote is driving me insane. I think the 40.0 is the best remote DISH has ever had. But, I am still trying to wean myself from it and use the 50.0 and 52.0.
Agree the 40.0 is best. The 52.0 is OK, but I HATE the touchpad on the 50.0.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)