Using BenM for MMS on iPhone

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I am able to configure my phone for tethering using help.benm.at, but I am unable to configure MMS. Does any have the exact steps that need to be done so I can see if I am doing something wrong?

I am tired of people sending me pics and I have to write down some long arse user name and password to view a picture through safari.

Isn't that what copy and paste is for? There is no need to write down the information anymore.

Isn't that what copy and paste is for? There is no need to write down the information anymore.
You cannot copy both at the same time, and I should not have to link to the friggen internet to view a simple picture.

I agree that you shouldn't have to but I thought that copy and paste might help with this issue.
Tried it. It is not that easy. Sometimes it copies the entire message, and sometimes when I go back to copy the password, the user name is gone. It is easier to simply write the user name and password down.

Or if ATT wants us to use the Safari to view it, perhaps they can find a way in which the direct link should not require a password, or have the user set a universal password for their phone in which they can use anytime they want to view an image sent to them through text???

Below is the solution I chose :):)

Attachments

• att_bold_update.jpg
    att_bold_update.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 187
Below is the solution I chose :):)

I'm still amazed that a old flip phone I had in 2003 or 2004 handle MMS just fine and the iPhone of today can not.

I'm not talking about hacks or whatever.. I'm talking about take it out the box, activate it and send an MMS to it.

I'm still amazed that a old flip phone I had in 2003 or 2004 handle MMS just fine and the iPhone of today can not.

I'm not talking about hacks or whatever.. I'm talking about take it out the box, activate it and send an MMS to it.

Sorry but there was no such thing as an old flip phone in 03-04. If you want an old flip phone here is the first flip phone that I had and it did not do MMS. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP07YQodvCs]YouTube - Early Motorola Flip Phone commercial[/ame]

I was late in the game with a flip phone...

I guess you could say that I was early in the game. That was when a phone was only a phone. I still have that phone today. My daughters loved playing with it as a toy when they were little.

Your only option is to wait until they give it to you, and that may be when pigs fly, or get another phone. All that stuff that is said to work when you jailbreak your phone does not. Ive tried them all. AT&T has it shut off in the billing system, and even if your lucky enough to get it working, it will cease to work as soon they figure out your sending them, which usually doesn't take long. I gave up and went back to my blackberry.

I am able to configure my phone for tethering using help.benm.at, but I am unable to configure MMS. Does any have the exact steps that need to be done so I can see if I am doing something wrong?

I am tired of people sending me pics and I have to write down some long arse user name and password to view a picture through safari.

It's been a while. I think I after the install I did a reboot, then enabled MMS in Settings/Messages. I had to remove it because my Visual Voice mail stopped working as well as the MMS function. I tried several Network resets as suggested, but never got it back. Had to do a complete restore. Never tried to install it again. HTH.

AT&T 3G in Nashville

at&t premier benefits???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)