using dtv dish with dish network reciever

mlg

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Hi guys Iam new to this site. I have a question I hope someone can help me with .I recently switched from dtv to dish. I have dish 1000
with 3 recievers (2 hd and 1 non hd ) I have a cabin and in years
past would take one of my dtv recievers up there during to summer.
I installed dtv sat dish on a pole and leave it there. My question is can I use dtv dish with dish network rerceiver? The dtv dish is a single Lnb so I was wondering if my dish network reciever will work
using 1 satalite at a time like a dish 300 system thanks .:)

It depends on what type of receivers you have. Direct's LNBs work on a system that is similar with DISH's "legacy" equpiment. It operates at low frequencies and current levels. A 301 model receiver might work the way you're talking about. A newer type of receiver like maybe a 322/522, probably not. Someone else who has tried it already may be able to tell you more details.

Either one of your receivers should recognize the LNB, but if it's a single LNB DTV system it is most likely pointed at 101, which has no Dish Network programming on it. If you repoint it at 119 you will be able to get most of your national programming, but probably not your locals. If you connect a dual tuner receiver to this dish you will need to run two lines to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts