Using Genie HR-44, Wifi drops out. CSR says to ask ISP why its dropping!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Ok really quick, just wanted to make sure I am not wrong here. Just contacted DirecTV since my HR-44 box refuses to stay connected to my wifi. I know wifi is not the best way to connect streaming devices, however, in this house at this time. Its the only way possible. I have multiple other devices that use wifi in the house with no issues whatsoever. Roku, computers, phones, etc. I even purchased an extender for the upper floor to make sure the box and my roku get a clean signal. However, I cannot rely on my DirecTV box staying connected. after a few days, it simply drops off. and when I go to reconnect it, it will find the network, but will not connect after entering the password. The only remedy for this problem is to restart the DirecTV box multiple times until it decides to connect, and we start the process over.

CSR today told me that its my wireless router or my ISP thats the problem, and that the diagnostic codes show that the box is working properly. She refused to exchange the equipment, on the chance that MIGHT fix the problem! She refused to answer why all my other wireless products in my house would work properly accept the DirecTV box if it itself wasn't the problem. She just kept telling me I should contact my ISP, which wouldn't have anything to do with my WIFI to begin with. Getting very frustrated. I love DirecTV, but i also love TWC on demand when I had it, and with no internet connection, I cannot use on demand.

Just to show what kind of CSR I was dealing with, I mentioned that DirecTV was not providing all the services like On Demand they had promised and I had paid for. She stated that On Demand was complementary and that I didn't pay for it. TRUST ME LADY, DirecTV is paying for it, and since I pay DirecTV, I am paying for it!

Sorry for the rant, just very annoyed. Anyone have any options for what I should do here?

There are ongoing issues with on demand. I heard they are working on it. It sounds like the signal your HR44 is picking up is weak. Can you move the router closer? Also, I gather you don't want to run an ethernet cable through the house to connect that way, yes? WAF?

There is an ongoing issue with one of the HR44 models losing wifi (my 200 has been connected fine since I got it). My bosses (maybe a 500) was dropping, I just turned him onto powerline adapters and problem solved.

There is an ongoing issue with one of the HR44 models losing wifi (my 200 has been connected fine since I got it). My bosses (maybe a 500) was dropping, I just turned him onto powerline adapters and problem solved.

It's actually the -200 that HAD the issue. It's since been fixed but there is an issue with on demand and internet functions to work properly and directv is aware and trying to fix the issue. Currently we techs haven't been told an ETA

My boss has a 500 I think and it wont connect to his at all. So like I said, powerline and fixed...

Whoever at Directv made the mandate to use wifi on install even if there was ethernet available is a freaking idiot...

Well the issue on mine is definitely wifi connectivity. The Internet stuff works, when it has a connection. Thought about ordering some power line adapters today, but didn't know if that would work. Maybe I will try them now.

I just couldn't believe how the CSR bluntly told me multiple times that it was no way their equipment and refused to work with me anymore on the issue. Even after I told her I had tried multiple routers with the same problem.

Well the issue on mine is definitely wifi connectivity. The Internet stuff works, when it has a connection. Thought about ordering some power line adapters today, but didn't know if that would work. Maybe I will try them now. I just couldn't believe how the CSR bluntly told me multiple times that it was no way their equipment and refused to work with me anymore on the issue. Even after I told her I had tried multiple routers with the same problem.

This could possibly be a bad internal deca in your 44 as well. It's the same problem people are seeing but could be either or

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)