Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlaurinojr

Original poster
Feb 19, 2007
Summerville, SC
Hello,

Some questions I am hoping to get some help with.:eureka

Has anyone figured anything better on using Superdish for FTA yet? I have just become the owner/caretaker/junker of several of these Superdish dishes. I have moved into a new house and all of my shade trees are right in my line-of-sight. I do have an opening and according to dishpointer I may be able to get 89,97,101 without a problem but 123 will be tricky. The rub is I have to put it in the front yard. Making the superdish less likely to cause problems.

1.) If I were to take the dish arm drill a hole in the area of the d-mount and put a piece of small diameter pipe across: What is my likelihood of being able to pickup say 3 to 5 sats on that dish or even just 1 to 3.

2.) I also was trying to figure out of I were to elongate the elliptical would this help out (as in add a about a foot of each side of the dish by using another
superdish as a donor (broken fiberglass at the mount).

3. Does anyone uses an ellipticial C-Band dish. I saw one on top of a gas station that went under and was thinking about buying it.

Have a great weekend!

The Superdish with stock FSS LNB installed at boresight (factory configuration) will get most Ku satellites adequately, but since the dish is already undersized for this purpose, I don't think you would get good results with side-mounted Ku LNBs. Don't let that stop you from experimenting, though, that's what this hobby is about :)

How about putting a HH-motor on it to move the dish? You may have to get creative mounting the dish to the motor but that won't be hard at all. That way you won't get hassled about dish size in your front yard and the dish will still work great for FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)