Status
Please reply by conversation.

kodaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
North East PA
Mowing my lawn I hit my head on my dish pretty hard and it seemed to make a difference.
My pbs channels on 125 were not stable and it gave me an idea.

in the picture the Skype camera is pointing at my tv screen ,yellow arrow. The red arrow is pointing at the smart phone which is using google desktop ap to see my computer screen skype image, blue arrow.
It was a cloudy day so the phone screen was easily visible outside and this is fairly responsive running thru my home wireless network . It made aligning the dish a piece of cake. My weakest transponder is showing
Not a new concept, but hopefully useful.
dishali.jpg

Very Nice! Have have done similar before, works great.

Lol I started doing that a week ago. My wife has a tablet with skype so I just put it on my chair and turn cam on and go out to tweak the dish. Much better than having to connect a meter to it. Works great except for the dropped calls. Lol. Then you gotta run back inside to turn cam on again. Other than that its great!

I saw stars, but i always have a hat on outside and there is no sharp edges on the dish. its a 4 ft dish. The bill on the hat is what made me misjudge the edge of the dish.
I made a few non repeatable comments, but otherwise i am fine.
thanks

In Skype,If you go to tools,options and video setup, the camera stays on. you can tweak the settings to give a clearer pic also there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.