UTLEY DROPS F BOMB AGAIN!

It's one thing to say it in the heat of battle on the field and read a guy's lips. This was a calculated cheer to get a response. This from a Mr. Good Guy, Mr. Clean, Mr. Goody Two Shoes in all of his interviews and presentations. He showed pure, unadulterated arrogance in this case.

There are alot of disappointed parents out there. The kids didn't need to hear that.

These are the same kids that would flip you off for wearing an opposing teams jersey to a Philly home game.

He said it to a packed house @ the stadium. Lotsa kids there. No delay...no excuses.

I agree 1000%!! It's ONE thing dropping a few F-bombs when a mic is close by....but he stopped...and then clearly said it because he PLANNED on saying it.

Say it in the clubhouse....say it in the locker room....but show SOME CLASS when addressing over a million people both on tv and live.....:mad:

I'll add this article about what Jimmy Rollins said about the Mets. Just pipe down. You won and we stink. We spit the bit and we choked for the second straight year. We get it and we understand. What else more do you want?
Maybe the jabs about Phillies fans incite a reaction. I mean after all we know New York is perfect.

Oh good golly boys, get over it. We are The World F-ing Champions! And Met dude, I personnaly can't get enough of the Met Jabs. We are enjoying it! We hate the freakin Mets, I actually have a pretty clean mouth, but, there are times when the wording is indeed called for and this in my opinion was one of them. Well thought out, well planned and executed to perfection. The team loved it, most of the fans in the stadium loved it, the New Yorkers hated it. Priceless!!

I agree 1000%!! It's ONE thing dropping a few F-bombs when a mic is close by....but he stopped...and then clearly said it because he PLANNED on saying it.

Say it in the clubhouse....say it in the locker room....but show SOME CLASS when addressing over a million people both on tv and live.....:mad:
Well first off, any network that doesn't use a delay in this day and age of crazy FCC fines is just stupid and asking for trouble. You can't blame Utley for that part of it, because the networks are all more than well equipped to dump out of obscene language like that.

As far as Utley goes, I don't condone what the f-er did, but you should have a little more class than yelling out something like that at a victory parade. As far as all these parents and crap feeling "offended" by exposing their children to the f-word, I think given the sports culture of Philadelphia that that falls VERY low on the list of abusive/classless things that have been attached to the city's sports teams and their fans. Aren't these the same people who cheered when Troy Aikman got knocked unconcious in a game?

Well first off, any network that doesn't use a delay in this day and age of crazy FCC fines is just stupid and asking for trouble. You can't blame Utley for that part of it, because the networks are all more than well equipped to dump out of obscene language like that.

As far as Utley goes, I don't condone what the f-er did, but you should have a little more class than yelling out something like that at a victory parade. As far as all these parents and crap feeling "offended" by exposing their children to the f-word, I think given the sports culture of Philadelphia that that falls VERY low on the list of abusive/classless things that have been attached to the city's sports teams and their fans. Aren't these the same people who cheered when Troy Aikman got knocked unconcious in a game?

Well....again..this was NOT a parade, but when ALL the players come to the stage and make their comments. In a parade....you have sporadic mikes all over the place, I know...I covered the Bulls championships parades in the '90. But when the parade is over, they all come to a stage to make their comments.

And this comment, says alot! LOL!

given the sports culture of Philadelphia that this falls VERY low on the list of abusive/classless things that have been attached to the city's sports teams and their fans

Guys, it's a word! A simple 4 letter word and nothing more! I hear these words all the time at any given sporting event, this is no different. Not saying it's right and I personally find it unprofessional, but I think this meltdown is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Guys, it's a word! A simple 4 letter word and nothing more! I hear these words all the time at any given sporting event, this is no different. Not saying it's right and I personally find it unprofessional, but I think this meltdown is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Amazing.....IF Manny Ramirez drops a f-bomb...all hell breaks loose because ME-ME said it....

It's CLASSLESS....plain and simple. You should not PLAN to say that and then go ahead a do it. I HATE that athletes are role models because they SHOULD NOT...but guess what...they are.

Amazing.....IF Manny Ramirez drops a f-bomb...all hell breaks loose because ME-ME said it....

It's CLASSLESS....plain and simple. You should not PLAN to say that and then go ahead a do it. I HATE that athletes are role models because they SHOULD NOT...but guess what...they are.

Agree 100%.:up

oh f**k that!

Chase was showing "EMOTION"

OH THE POOR KIDS, OH THE POOR KIDS, they are so innocent we can't let our children hear such poopie mouths. Yeah get over it.

As Lewis Black put it, "These are the words that humans use to express emotions such as joy, frustration, anger, and rage." In my opinion, there are venues where certain words or venues are inappropriate, but whether or not it is offensive to someone doesn't necessarily qualify a word or string of words as obscene

Last edited:
oh f**k that!

OH THE POOR KIDS, OH THE POOR KIDS, they are so innocent we can't let our children hear such poopie mouths. Yeah get over it.

As Lewis Black put it, "These are the words that humans use to express emotions such as joy, frustration, anger, and rage." In my opinion, there are venues where certain words or venues are inappropriate, but whether or not it is offensive to someone doesn't necessarily qualify a word or string of words as obscene

Yeah.....wonder if you would have said the same if the Mets had won the World Series and David Wright would have said it.:rolleyes:

I would have laughed the same way I did with Utley saying it. Actually though, it was more appropriate with Utley considering his All Star game gaffe. It was funny, it was right for the moment, it was no doubt planned. Maybe he wants a bit of a Bad Boy image.

I would have laughed the same way I did with Utley saying it. Actually though, it was more appropriate with Utley considering his All Star game gaffe. It was funny, it was right for the moment, it was no doubt planned. Maybe he wants a bit of a Bad Boy image.

Interesting....trying to get street cred for swearing....instead of earning it...:confused::rolleyes:

oh f**k that!

Emotion is one thing, pure ignorance is another. I can't protect my daughter from hearing the "F" word in public, but a person who is always in the public should think about the public instead of trying to amuse his teammates.

Emotion is one thing, pure ignorance is another. I can't protect my daughter from hearing the "F" word in public, but a person who is always in the public should think about the public instead of trying to amuse his teammates.

$UCCE$$ HA$ $POILED CHA$E UTLEY...pure and simple. His arrogance appalls me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts