Uverse Rolling out 2SD/2HD channel profiles in St. Louis

It's not just St. Louis. It's in lots of markets. Quote I got from Tech support was everyone would have it by the end of the month (so that probably means end of June)

laff, well scott, we all don't have 6 HD sets like you do! :) I think the majority of the uverse customer base will be good with 2hd streams until the pair-bonding stuff occurs, but I am not sure if that is mainly for extending distance or increasing bandwidth. Or maybe it's for more cowbell.

I do wish they would do the WHDVR, but now I am hearing that it WILL require a STB swap out to the cisco units. I also wish you could have more than 1 DVR, but since it does do 4 simultaneous recordings it's much better for my situation then other options.

Seems they could do an option for a 2 DVR, 4 HD stream setup if they just would use a second pair to the house. I know in my setup, I have 10 pair from the pole to my house and I ran new cat5e to the NID for Uverse. I would pay a bit extra for the second DVR optional install. Even if I had to run another cat5 to the NID for interference concerns of running 2 uverse lines over 1 cat5.

2nd HD stream hit Kalamazoo market. Just got it turned on. I also asked about WHDVR and the possibility of STB swap out. Tech support told me "it's very likey that they will be using a different stb for the WHDVR feature"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts