variable audio from D* receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
can the audio output from a D* receiver be set up so the remote control can adjust the output volume from the D* receiver itself and not just control for the tv volume:confused:

For some reason the audio output from my LG 42LBX can't be controlled with the TV's volume control. it has one volume setting from its audio output into my home theater sound system. I have to setup my current cable box with variable volume to control my TV's volume or use 2 remotes :eek:

Since I don't know which D* receiver I will be getting after I make the move to D* next month I was hoping that you Sat-Guys can give me some good news. please tell me that the D* receivers can be setup for variable volume control :up

Thanks

I use a LG Surround and have no problems programming the D* remote with my TV and AV1 for the Surround.. atm I run all sound through the Surround and keep the Power on D*/TV and Volume on the LG.

I am hoping that I can setup the D* receiver to adjust the volume coming from it and not through my audio system.

I guess I will find out in a week or two.

Thanks;)

I am hoping that I can setup the D* receiver to adjust the volume coming from it and not through my audio system.

OK, your question is kind of confusing - are you wanting to vary the volume directly out of the D* box, or just using the D* REMOTE control that comes with the box, to control the volume on the surround receiver?

If you are wanting variable volume directly out of the receiver, you're SOL - none of the current receivers do this, & to my knowledge, none ever made have.

As far as the D* remote controlling the surround sound receiver, it most likely will have a code to do this, but as you said, you'll probably have to wait until you get the remote to find this out...

It sounds like you have a similar setup to mine. I have the speakers in my TV turned off and the audio output from the TV feeding to my surround system. The audio receiver controls the volume, which I was able to set up as AV1. Once that was done I could setup the remote with a punch through for volume so that when it's set to control the D* receiver and you push volume up or down it sends a signal to the audio receiver to adjust the volume. This setup works great, and I've been able to put away the audio receiver remote.

didn't mean to confuse anyone

OK, your question is kind of confusing - are you wanting to vary the volume directly out of the D* box,

sorry! didn't mean to confuse anyone :eek: :D

its a simple thing I just need the D* remote to control the volume from the D* receiver... :shocked

If you are wanting variable volume directly out of the receiver, you're SOL - none of the current receivers do this, & to my knowledge, none ever made have.

Thanks this answered my question unfortunately its not what I wanted to hear :( I know that E* systems did do this back in 2000-2003 that was the last DBS system that I had :eek:

Thanks

No prob, but again, why don't you just program your new D* remote to control the volume on the surround sound system ITSELF like foobar12 just told you - won't this work for what you (ultimately) want to accomplish??? :confused:

No prob, but again, why don't you just program your new D* remote to control the volume on the surround sound system ITSELF like foobar12 just told you - won't this work for what you (ultimately) want to accomplish??? :confused:

that would be a great thing, but the surround system that I am using doesn't have a remote feature:eek: I kinda have been doing all this home theater thing a no-string budget...(cheaper than a shoe string budget) :rolleyes: ;) :D

I guess its time to upgrade the sound as well :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts