VBox III Dish Positioner- Can it be Used for 2 Sat Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Can a VBox III be used for 2 Separate Satellite Receivers?
Hope this is the correct forum. I Just purchased a new Openbox X3 Sat Rx and was wondering if anyone knows if my VBox III Dish Positioner can be used for a 2nd Sat Receiver, saving me having to reset and rescan 37 Satellites again if I want to switch from one Sat Receiver to another? (My VBox III is used as a DisEqC 1.2 Positioner). That is my VBox III is now programmed for 37 Satellites on KU and C Band working with my AzBox Sat Receiver. I realize on my New Receiver I will have to rescan the 37 Satellites, but Can my VBOX III be used to program Satellites for my new receiver while retaining the 37 Satellites already programmed for the AzBox Receiver, then I could switch back and forth to each Receiver, or do I need to use a separate VBox III positioner for each Satellite Receiver? Also the VBox III User Manual claims it can support up to 99 Satellites. Can any of the Experts help?

never tested it ... the vbox is already programed ... just take the positions from the azbox and edit them into the new receiver
the vbox is just looking for the receiver to tell it to goto position 01 or position 02 or position 08
so in theory no need to rescan

Confirmation on the previous reply. Just program the same position numbers into the new receiver, as is programmed in the Az, for the satellites.. The actual 'counts' are stored in the VBox.

Confirmation on the previous reply. Just program the same position numbers into the new receiver, as is programmed in the Az, for the satellites.. The actual 'counts' are stored in the VBox.

Thanks a lot for the replies Gadshere, & FaT Air. Okay as you guys mentioned the 37 Satellite positions are already there in the V Box III DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner and I know I will have to re Blind Scan the 37 Satellites in the new receiver to get the channels. As you stated the Satellite positions on V Box ended up to be almost exactly in the same count positions when I moved from my old Viewsat Receiver to the AzBox, due to some problems I did a complete Reset of the V Box III system - a 10 second countdown, then every Satellite was stored from scratch, an extremely tedious chore. But I'm just not sure what you mean by Editing the Positions into the new Receiver?? Or do you mean just transfer the VBox control over to the new Receiver, and then go to each Sat position 01, 02, 03.... and try to restore or relocate each of the Sat Positions, and then Blindscan in the channels for each Sat?

if you've used a channel editor before it will allow you to set in the satellite position so if galaxy 17 was at position 1 on the azbox then you can edit it into the new receiver as that then just hook it up to the vbox no extra programming for the vbox would be needed ... unless by some fluke that it needed some fine tuning which i doubt.

so you would need to write down what satellites were at what position and edit that into the new receiver all there is to it.

Yeah if it is like any other openbox, when you go to the set-up screen when you program in each satellite, there will be a place to set it. It will the same place where you set 10750,5150,222k on/off, etc.. Go down under motor and change it to DiSEqC 1.2 and then a place will will show where to put in the preset, your 1-37.

Gabshere, and k4est, thanks for the detailed info. Well I've never used a Channel Editor but I guess I could look into and do some research about it. When the new Openbox X3 arrives I will hook up the coax cable from the V Box III and follow the above instructions, and 97.0W is Sat Position #1 since its my reference South Sat. Guess loading the latest Firmware will be the first thing to do!

I have 4 pansat 9200's with a splitter before the vbox. I do this because i rarely ever use all four tv's at once and it allows each receiver to move the dish. It works well. Since my pansats have a flash drive and usb port, it syncs the positions in all the boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)