Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hello,

We have a 920 4DTV receiver.

When its programming runs out in a few months, I figured I'd take the opportunity to replace its ancient lithium batteries, then maybe look at W5.

I know the battery on the main board needs replacing, but I'm curious about the VCII module.

Does the VCII still do anything? I seem to recall that the last time we bought 4DTV programming, they weren't interested in the VCII address, just the address of the receiver itself.

If the VCII is just taking up space, it would be one less scary battery to change.

Thanks.

:JACK::

I haven't had my VCII cage in my 920 for about 2 years now. By taking it out it should help with cooling seeing as there will be more room for air circulation.

VCII is analog subscription and there isnt anything available to consumers on analog to subscribe to

But if Weather Channel (or ESPN) goes zk you can watch it (with the VCII in there), TWC does this pretty often. I don't have a VCII mod in my 922 so I can't watch when it does...

I pulled my VC module a couple months back since the batt is from 1991. If it started to leak it would destroy the DC2 board below it and trash the 4D all together. The little bit of VC up there will be gone by November I heard so it's time to put our VC's out to pasture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts