Venture Actuator Limit Switch Adjustment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Gents
I am hoping someone can help me out, I have a 24" venture actuator on my dish now and I have never been able to set the limits, the instructions at the venture side are not very good to me or just me.
I am attaching a picture of the box.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Tunder

Attachments

• 20180114_103411.jpg
    20180114_103411.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: chazeman1
Venture.jpg

Right now as shown in your picture the actuator is an inch or so away from being fully retracted. The retract limit should be set first. It comes preset but if the motor is run without being attached first it can come way out of adjustment. The limit is set by unbolting the end of the actuator from the dish and screwing the shaft on the actuator in and out until the little block on the long screw engages the contact on the retract switch when the shaft is fully retracted. With the shaft fully retracted and tripping the limit switch we can set the upper (extended) limit. This is set by loosening the set screw and adjusting the rod that contacts the limit switch. There is an index marked on the left giving you the set locations for the different actuator lengths they make. Yours right now looks to set at about 12 inches of extension before it hits the limit. You definitely want to adjust that.

Hello Magic
I tank you for your comments, I will Try it out when I get some free time.
Regards.
Tunder

Hello Gents
I am hoping someone can help me out, I have a 24" venture actuator on my dish now and I have never been able to set the limits, the instructions at the venture side are not very good to me or just me.
I am attaching a picture of the box.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Tunder

Look at the cover to the motor, where are the drain holes?

On my 36" Venture the motor goes in the up position.

The way yours is, it will just fill up with water after you install that cover!

Do not ask me why I know this!

I do agree with you about not being able to properly set the mechanical limits, I hope the replies to you can help me also!

Hello Zack
You are absolutely correct the motor is upside down, I though the hole were the cable goes into the box has to be down to prevent water going into the cover, there is a white cap that goes around the cable and caps the hole on the cover, but this cap is to small, these caps came with the actuator and I got them somewhere maybe there is one I can use or try to find something to plug the hole.
Just wondering if the picture above where Magic explain how to set the limits still applicable because the motor been upside down.
Thanks for your comments.
Regards.
Tunder

Just wondering if the picture above where Magic explain how to set the limits still applicable because the motor been upside down.
Thanks for your comments.
Regards.
Tunder
Even though your motor is upside down the info is accurate. I used your picture so I wouldn't confuse you with mine. But if you can follow me on this, let me give you a shortcut. You can do this without removing the actuator from the dish.
To manually adjust the limit system: Remove the screw holding the magnet wheel on and remove the magnet wheel. Note the orientation of the wheel, heads and tails. Make sure it goes back the same side down. Under the wheel is a worm gear that drives the limit system. Remove the gear by sliding it off the shaft. You can now easily turn the limit system gear and screw shaft and move the block to any location.
So fully retract the actuator and back it up a couple turns of the magnet wheel. Remove the magnet and gear. Move the limit system until you hear the lower limit switch click. Reassemble your magnet wheel and worm gear and drive the dish to the desired upper limit and move the set rod to engage that switch. Replace cover and watch TV :)

VentureDetail2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)