verizon promo

Gave my kid my old Treo 755p and he is very happy compared with the omnia. Its good for him to get experience with one of the great Operating Systems of the past 15 years - long before there was an iphone with icons on the screen, there was the Palm Pilot. :)

Has anyone who didn't receive the email directly from Verizon had success signing up for this promotion? Has anyone signed up for it in the store? My wife and I need to get smartphones and it would be easier to do it all in the store. Thanks.

Has anyone who didn't receive the email directly from Verizon had success signing up for this promotion? Has anyone signed up for it in the store? My wife and I need to get smartphones and it would be easier to do it all in the store. Thanks.

i did not get anything from verizon. i saw it on the forums, called in, was transfered to a diff department
they told me it wsa available in my area and signed me up

Yes, I had success. I already had two smartphones on my plan (although had data disabled from when they allowed that), not sure if it would have worked if I didn't already have 2 smart-phones. As it was, I had to add a smartphone to the third line for the promo to get activated for that line.

I did not receive any email. Saw it here.

I have also signed up for this promotion and got it! I did not get a email.

You guys are simply too latest gadget crazy. I just bought a new battery (for $6) for my 2 year old Voyager. Does all I need and no $20/mo dataplan.

As for my 13 yo. She has something with a flip out keyboard and no data. The only things she really cares about are texting and taking pictures.

Damn, I post here all smug and three days later crack the outer display on the Voyager. Still somewhat usable, but I guess I am now looking. Its just that my Verizon bill is already $200 and I don't want to pay another $20/mo for a data phone. I'm not likely to get something as nice as the Voyager was.

Thank you to mdram for posting this link originally!! Got 2 droid incredibles this weekend with this promotion. Saves $40 a month. Was able to sign up at the store. Only the manager at the store even knew what this promotion was about, it took a while but the sales staff was able to make the call to get our account switched over and got us set up with the new phones. Love the new Droid.

I tried to get the deal but they wouldn't let me. They kept asking how I heard about it and if I got an email from them and could I forward it to them. Must be only available in certain markets.

well i found the first issue with the promo plan

you can only upgrade your phone through verizon.
if you try a 3rd party, they want yo to do the basic plans and add everything, its for thier commision
if you do this then get the promo again, they hit you with thier etf.
so, you have to pay more for a phone.

Hmmm, will keep that in mind. My wife all of a sudden "hates" her Eris (wants a real keyboard ... funny, 'cause she "hated" the Moto Droid a year ago) and will likely use *my* upgrade. Turns out I upgraded via some non-standard method (had to pay a bit more out-of-pocket) and retained my original date. I was planning to at least look at Amazon for her upgrade. May have to make sure to get her new phone first and then inquire with VZW about this plan.

if you go amazon, then you cant do thisdeal without paying amazon, they will have a seperate etf fee from the vzw

so its wither do this and pay vzw for the phone, or save on the phone and pay for the plan.

I looked at doing my upgrade through Amazon, and while it permitted the upgrades on my secondary lines, it seemed like it was going to change the plan, and I wasn't willing to take that risk, so I just paid the extra dough at Verizon and am waiting for my visa rebate card to arrive. I did not want to risk losing that plan. Too valuable a discount.

I looked at doing my upgrade through Amazon, and while it permitted the upgrades on my secondary lines, it seemed like it was going to change the plan, and I wasn't willing to take that risk, so I just paid the extra dough at Verizon and am waiting for my visa rebate card to arrive. I did not want to risk losing that plan. Too valuable a discount.

thats why i eded up using verizon yesterday
currently awaiting my fascinate and the wifes droid2

May have to stay with buying from Verizon then... We did receive a $30 coupon from VZW having something to do with a new corporate store they opened on the University of Dayton campus nearby. I hope I can use that online. I also hope my wife can be patient enough and wait 1-2 days to get her phone online. She's so impulsive that she'll find the phone she likes at the store and just can't leave without it. We can save money by buying it from VZW's online store !

May have to stay with buying from Verizon then... We did receive a $30 coupon from VZW having something to do with a new corporate store they opened on the University of Dayton campus nearby. I hope I can use that online. I also hope my wife can be patient enough and wait 1-2 days to get her phone online. She's so impulsive that she'll find the phone she likes at the store and just can't leave without it. We can save money by buying it from VZW's online store !

You might call Amazon to see if they can do the upgrade while leaving the plan the same.

There is also a BOGO from Verizon right now, so maybe you could get two phones and upgrade for yourself too. But I didn't see the fine print to know whether its just for a new line.

The 'buy one get one free' usually applies to new customers, although existing customers seemingly can get a slightly better rate if that kind of discount is applied to certain phones. Also, on family plans, phones are usually eligible for upgrade at the same time, but I broke that 'timing' at some point. We're eligible a year apart now.

The 'buy one get one free' usually applies to new customers, although existing customers seemingly can get a slightly better rate if that kind of discount is applied to certain phones. Also, on family plans, phones are usually eligible for upgrade at the same time, but I broke that 'timing' at some point. We're eligible a year apart now.

call in, i bought the fascinate and got the droid 2 free, they were both BOGO on the site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)