very annoying 'cannot connect to dvr' message

jonasmckee

May 29, 2008
I got the hopper yesterday... I get a an annoying scroll message every 10 minutes saying it cannot connect to dvr... But I am watching the dvr.... What is this... The dvr is working great.... Drives us nuts

EVerburg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 19, 2012
South Carolina
No disrespect intended whatsoever as this is by no means the first time I've seen "PM a DIRT member" as a response, but while I understand PMing a DIRT member is usually the best way to go about resolving most problems, if everyone did that first without posting there would be no threads about people's various problems. Isn't one of the points of the forum to create posts anyone can read and/or respond to while at the same time creating a sort of searchable history? Perhaps adding "...and report back" would be the best of both worlds? Also, isn't the OP's next post inevitably going to be something to the effect of, "How do I contact DIRT?"

Last edited:

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
None taken. The reason I told the O/P to contact DIRT, is this this thread has had over 90 hits with no repley. This is a problem I havent seen posted about yet. Also being the O/P is new to the site, I'm sure he/she doesn't know who these folks are. If the question is asked "How do I contact DIRT", I, or someone else will be more than happy to tell them how. Most of the time when a member has an issue that DIRT needs to get involved to resolve, the progress is posted, and most of the time a resolution will be shared as well.

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
The OP didn't say whether he did or not, but why come here with an obvious new hardware/software problem without calling Dish tech support first? A new Hopper install - they better fix it right now and I'm sure they will - IF called.

jonasmckee

May 29, 2008
Hey there, I am brand new... and yes i don't know what contact Dirt means..i will search the hreads for that, i havent contact dish cause it was late last night, and this morning i am at work.. it does concern me that i havent found anybody else with this problem... i was thinking it may be coming from my googletv.. which the Hopper runs thru.. maybe googletv doesnot work well with the new hopper..

oldanbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 22, 2005
Sequim, WA.
Hey there, I am brand new... and yes i don't know what contact Dirt means..i will search the hreads for that, i havent contact dish cause it was late last night, and this morning i am at work.. it does concern me that i havent found anybody else with this problem... i was thinking it may be coming from my googletv.. which the Hopper runs thru.. maybe googletv doesnot work well with the new hopper..

I get the same message at times with 622 feeding thruough Logitech Revue. Usually a reboot of Revue resolves the issue. Don't have Hopper, sorry, hope this is of some help.

jonasmckee

May 29, 2008
makes sense i will try a reboot of the logitech, if not i will take it off line and save 4 bucs a month on my dish bill..

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado

makes sense i will try a reboot of the logitech, if not i will take it off line and save 4 bucs a month on my dish bill..

Is there a 3 or 4 digit number in the top-right hand corner of the message? If not, the message is probably coming from your Revue, which does not integrate with the Hopper, which is probably why it "cannot connect to DVR".

The $4 DVR integration fee is (normally) automatically taken off of your account when you upgrade to a Hopper since Integration is not supported.

Also, I am a DIRT member :D

jonasmckee

May 29, 2008
Thanks Matthew for the "Dirt".. When i get home tonight i will remove the revue from the system and check my bill!
@3HaloODST it's happening on my hopper..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts