Very strange discussion with my install guy

Claude... I would love to go through your program, but....

I have already ordered through Dish... obviously, the installer already came by my house once.

What should I do? Call Dish and cancel the install b/c of the bad experience?

Is it possible to have one dish pointed at 129 and the other pointed at 61.5? The reason I am asking is that I would like to get Atlanta locals in HD.

Thanks,

Cancell the installation with Dish, get your $49.99 back and then re-order again through DISHSTORE and we'll set up the account again and waive the activation fee plus give you an additional $50-$75 rebate on top of the $49.99 your getting back from Dish.

Your ahead $100-$125 with Dishstore opposed to going through DISH directly

If your locals are on 129, then there is no need for 129.

If I cancel the order, will I lose out on the current HD offer?

I understood that that offer expired on Friday.

Thanks,

...it is only allowed by Gold Sponsors who are paying a large percentage of the bills to keep this site up and operating. BTW, you cannot get a better deal than the one being offered by The DishStore!:)

Would that not make this a seriously flawed forum, in that a privileged few have financial reasons for promoting or bashing a product.

This pretty much ruins the potential of the forum as a source of totally unbiased information that can be fully trusted and relied upon.

It used to be “Buyer Beware”. Now it is “Reader Beware”.

Would that not make this a seriously flawed forum, in that a privileged few have financial reasons for promoting or bashing a product.

This pretty much ruins the potential of the forum as a source of totally unbiased information that can be fully trusted and relied upon.

AMEN!!!!

I will defer the "official" answer to SatelliteGuys staff. I understand your point, but honestly....have you ever read a Dish Network, DirecTV, VOOM, etc., Forum that didn't allow members to freely express their opions? Sponsors sometimes get criticized, but the complaints are infrequent because they a) have a good reputation and b) actively particiation in forum discussions. Additionally, I don't feel there is any form on censorship or bias on any of the forums...just treat fellow members with respect and don't come here to schlock your wares. That's pretty much it. Other than that, member are free to voice how good or how bad a vendor's products and services are. If you had a terrible DishStore experience, nobody will modify or delete your posts for stating your opinon. Likewise, nobody will prevent you from posting a positive experience with the Dish Depot, Monoprice.com, etc. However, this should not be a place for non-paying vendors to come to sell their wares.

I think the installer is probably right on this one, as I am in Georgia and every time the wind blows, clouds showup, light drizzle, etc 129 would go out (on a Dish 1000). Also, 129 seems to take precedence over 61.5 no matter how it is plugged in on the switch so the loss of 129 causes all HD on my receivers to stop during this. I just decided the 129 wasn't worth the hassle so have unplugged it for most of the time. I get all the OTA with no issues, with better resolution/less compression than Dish.

I think the installer is probably right on this one, as I am in Georgia and every time the wind blows, clouds showup, light drizzle, etc 129 would go out (on a Dish 1000). Also, 129 seems to take precedence over 61.5 no matter how it is plugged in on the switch so the loss of 129 causes all HD on my receivers to stop during this. I just decided the 129 wasn't worth the hassle so have unplugged it for most of the time. I get all the OTA with no issues, with better resolution/less compression than Dish.

Where in GA are you? I'm in the Atlanta burbs and have very very few problems with any of the birds (except for a for a few mins in a really really bad storm).

I'm in deep south Georgia... near Tallahassee

HOWEVER, I will be "moving" to Atlanta soon after I set everything up in order to get locals in HD.

I had a similar installer experience, but on the south side of the border in Tallahassee.

Guy comes out, takes a look, tries some things...can't land a "good enough" signal and leaves. He could only get it up to the 70's or 80's on the meter.......I know this area has trees everywhere, but if you can get 70-80% on a semi-clouded day in signal......isn't that good enough for install?

I'm going to try getting another install scheduled for this month as I am heading back to Tally.

Does DishStore have the ability to let us recommend who we would like to install? I have a Dish dealer/installer about half a mile away who seems to be able to get a signal for himself in the area. I don't want to get the same installer again.

Thanks.

P.S. Try plugging in rabbit ears and check the analog channel reception. If it looks pretty good, the digital should come in just fine.

Guess that you never read Claudes audit department hell thread where he had to jump through burning hoops along with his parents and one of his customers. Claude may sell Dish but he is also a customer and is a critic so your arguement though a good one is dead in this instance. I dont doubt for a second that Scott didnt take precautions to atleast keep bashing from taking place when it comes to the sponsors and I have as yet to see any sponsor bash anyone elses product and Scott and the staff have provided us ( members ) with unbiased product and service reviews.

I He could only get it up to the 70's or 80's on the meter.......I know this area has trees everywhere, but if you can get 70-80% on a semi-clouded day in signal......isn't that good enough for install?
Not really, if the signal is at that level on a semi cloudy day then your probably going to loose it easily when ever you get a light to moderate rain or if the wind blows and if I had been the installer that came out I would have possibly backed out of the install as well because Dish and some of the retailers / contractor offices are hitting technicians on trouble calls wether its their fault or not. It never hurts to get a second opinion though as one set of eyes may not see what another does specialy when it comes to the first set being that of a rookie or some thats tired.