Very strange on NSS806

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jermaine

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hi,

I have a 2,4 dish motorized. On NSS806 (cband linear) i get all transponders with very godd signal. But las week, started a new transponder:

DVB-S2 4173 L SR 2066
Fec 5/6 8psk.
The strange of this, is that i can´t get it. I go to satpointer in my receiver, and the signal is not regular. I can get 60% in some moments but goes off, i do not get the signal lock. Very strange, because in all transponders of this sat i get very good signal (dvb-s2 included)

Thanks

Its a very low symbol rate with high error correction, maybe it needs a bigger dish???
What kind of receiver do you use?

My receiver is dreambox8000. The others transponders of this sat i get well. My lnb is a zinwell and i have to put a piece inside the lnb for circular band.
Any suggestion?

THanks

Over my head, lol, jermaine, maybe someone else who has experience with that equipment and problem will come along and help.

Hi,

I have a 2,4 dish motorized. On NSS806 (cband linear) i get all transponders with very godd signal. But las week, started a new transponder:

DVB-S2 4173 L SR 2066
Fec 5/6 8psk.
The strange of this, is that i can´t get it. I go to satpointer in my receiver, and the signal is not regular. I can get 60% in some moments but goes off, i do not get the signal lock. Very strange, because in all transponders of this sat i get very good signal (dvb-s2 included)

Thanks

lock it an tune it a few weeks ago signal little low but not bad 78 on Q steady.
all settings are listed right from lyngsat.
6-channels all encrepted.
tune it with a Pan-9000 on 10-foot CM dish with ortho feed with norsat lnbs 8515s.

now you're problem may be in the receiver not being able to tune a dvbs-2 signal, or may have a under size dish. for S-2, I would not use a dish smaller than 10ft for S-2, yes you can tune some S-2 with a smaller dish but they are on the edge of a lock or not.

Wich LNB you recommend for C-Band DVB-S2?
By the way, any lnb that can do linear and circular band without the little piece inside de LNB?

Thanks

lock it an tune it a few weeks ago signal little low but not bad 78 on Q steady.
all settings are listed right from lyngsat.
6-channels all encrepted.
tune it with a Pan-9000 on 10-foot CM dish with ortho feed with norsat lnbs 8515s.

now you're problem may be in the receiver not being able to tune a dvbs-2 signal, or may have a under size dish. for S-2, I would not use a dish smaller than 10ft for S-2, yes you can tune some S-2 with a smaller dish but they are on the edge of a lock or not.

Jermaine, sorry gave you some bad info, on this feed that you wanted to tune, no I did not tune the 4173 SporTV s-2 tune a different S-2 mux on that bird. put my feed cup on the orto to go up an check an give you the stations that I scan in, an different freq, also real low SR, wich made me think that is was the same as you where asking for. but it is not, so very sorry.

now that freq 4173 SporTV in S2 is not 8psk, it is a qpsk modulation, an as far as I know their is no fta receiver that will tune S2 qpsk, they all tune S2 8psk. other than a commercial receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)