VH1 HD in Puerto Rico Recording problem

When most Americans think it's a "fern country" and even businesses treat it as an international market and different programming contracts apply to the providers from the channels themselves, it's no wonder.

A question though, can PR residents record these channels on other Dish receivers, or is it just the 211 having issues?

in this same topic we've mentioned that we tried to record with 922, 722, 622, 612 with no success.

Last edited:
Then I submit that the issue is not necessarily a Dish technical issue, rather it is a VH1 HD copyright issue. Since Puerto Rico is not considered part of the US TV market where some copyrights are concerned dish may not be allowed to let PR residents record the channel/s because the providers will not let them.

so, why dish didn't remove the channel is that is the issue? they removed 3 channels almost two years ago for not being authorize to offer them to PR

The rights to air a program and the rights for a PROVIDER to allow recording are two different things. When DVRs were first introduced by Dish no one could record any of the muzak channel (900 range). It wasn't a technical glitch. It wasn't until later that this was "opened up" to the public.

maybe you're trying to say the rights to watch and the rights to record are different things, but i like to see a clause where states that in PR isn't allowed to record from VH1 in HD directly from the providers to avoid speculation

I wasn't trying to say viewing rights and DVR rights are two different things. I said it outright with no ambiguity. :) The are different things.
We will never be privy to provider contracts. But this is nothing new. I wish there was a way to know for sure, but at this time speculation is the only thing we have.

The rights to air a program and the rights for a PROVIDER to allow recording are two different things. When DVRs were first introduced by Dish no one could record any of the muzak channel (900 range). It wasn't a technical glitch. It wasn't until later that this was "opened up" to the public.
So why can I record the SD channel Tony!

Why can't why record on Vh1? Please a member of DIRT check this for us. When I call customer service they are clueless, as always.

Was there ever a response to why? It's very possible it has something to do with VH1 recording rights, but as I posted I have seen this before on more than one channel, and it was a problem on Dish's end each time, and it got fixed. Get a DIRT member to follow-up and get an actual answer.

Was there ever a response to why? It's very possible it has something to do with VH1 recording rights, but as I posted I have seen this before on more than one channel, and it was a problem on Dish's end each time, and it got fixed. Get a DIRT member to follow-up and get an actual answer.
Mary B never wrote back to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts