Viacast/Vistar 2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGuy

Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
VIStar 2000

just ran across one of these units locally today. It is a GlobeCast Receiver with the matching access card. now when i plugged it into my existing setup on T5 it did a search and found around 12 channels only 3 were not scrambled. now how can I access the manual entry portion of this.

I am used to using SatCruisers and can not find away to get more channels to pop in.

also as a kicker i hooked it up outside next to the dish with my portable b/w tv on the a/v connections. it Rolled but was able to adjust the portable tv when i hook it up via coax or a/v in the house IT ROLLS. leading me to think its in PAL mode. but am unable to locate the option to switch it.

I can find no transponder data to access at all.......is the GlobeCast version of these receivers fixed so you can't use them elsewhere. Their website says you can i want to use it on G10R but the only manual you can download from their site is for a newer model.

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

mysatellitetv@yahoo.com

What happens if you take the access card out? I don't have one in my unit.

Are you able to program it?

To get it off of pal, hit the "prev" button on the remote, it will show on the screen "NTSC" "PAL" "AUTO"

It not too bad of a unit. I and Iceberg have one. I have yet to get my dish setup right to get chans other than the DTV/Dish stuff.

Looks like you have one of 10 setting setup for T5. Now from the list you are getting and
http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html Go to middle or so of the page to find the KU stuff 11749V is for the first transponder. It will give you freq and sr. Find the one you have setup now and see if you are getting the same chans.

To set this stuff press menu then go down one to high light setup, then select. Sorry I forgot the select button.

You will see one of the 0-9 settings you are on. Use the arrow keys to move to the different ones. Add 000 to the freq you put in. So find a blank one and add your settings in 14 for V, 18 for H. Copy your LO from the one you already have setup. When you have them all in press the select button and it will scan that one transponder. If you hit the scan button on the remote it will scan all the ones you have programed and take more time.

One you have it all setup then to go to a given chan press (setup number 0-9) and then the chan number. So chan one on the 0 setting is 0001 and so on.

Have fun with it. I sure am! the 10R list is http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html

As for the card I don't have one either.

Ken
SatelliteGuy said:
just ran across one of these units locally today. It is a GlobeCast Receiver with the matching access card. now when i plugged it into my existing setup on T5 it did a search and found around 12 channels only 3 were not scrambled. now how can I access the manual entry portion of this.

I am used to using SatCruisers and can not find away to get more channels to pop in.

also as a kicker i hooked it up outside next to the dish with my portable b/w tv on the a/v connections. it Rolled but was able to adjust the portable tv when i hook it up via coax or a/v in the house IT ROLLS. leading me to think its in PAL mode. but am unable to locate the option to switch it.

I can find no transponder data to access at all.......is the GlobeCast version of these receivers fixed so you can't use them elsewhere. Their website says you can i want to use it on G10R but the only manual you can download from their site is for a newer model.

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

mysatellitetv@yahoo.com

Well the problem I have is this GlobeCast unit is has a different menu system than traditional VIStar 2000's. I have no access to the Channel setups or Transponders.
Pressing Menu gives me:

EPG
System
Select FCL
Audio
Video
Scan

Pressing System gives me:

Set Password
Set Lock
Modify FCL
System Info.
RF Mod. Setup (doesn't do anything when pressed)

from the manual I have tracked down off the net I should see a SETUP option listed above the Set Password. Its not there must be proprietary software in the GlobeCast units.

I do not have a remote for this unit so switching my PAL/NTSC/AUTO isn't an option at the moment.

As for the card it is a NagraVision Rom 3 Card issued from GlobeCast. Other than that don't have a clue.

Any flashes or updates availible to reset this receiver so I can access transponder data and plug in some additional channels??

Does it look like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32848&item=5723197860&rd=1

Or is it newer one like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32848&item=5723197860&rd=1

Sorry I DON'T mean to plug any of this stuff. Ebay is just a fast and simple way to get pics from.

Ken

SatelliteGuy said:
Well the problem I have is this GlobeCast unit is has a different menu system than traditional VIStar 2000's. I have no access to the Channel setups or Transponders.
Pressing Menu gives me:

EPG
System
Select FCL
Audio
Video
Scan

Pressing System gives me:

Set Password
Set Lock
Modify FCL
System Info.
RF Mod. Setup (doesn't do anything when pressed)

from the manual I have tracked down off the net I should see a SETUP option listed above the Set Password. Its not there must be proprietary software in the GlobeCast units.

I do not have a remote for this unit so switching my PAL/NTSC/AUTO isn't an option at the moment.

As for the card it is a NagraVision Rom 3 Card issued from GlobeCast. Other than that don't have a clue.

Any flashes or updates availible to reset this receiver so I can access transponder data and plug in some additional channels??

Well the links you provided are to the same auction on ebay. but with that said that is the unit I am looking at in front of me. Mine just has GlobeCast and Visionetics logos on the front of it.

Matter of fact I used that auction earlier to link to the .pdf manual.

Guess I will keep looking to find a flash to make the unit like a standard unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts