Viasat FTA dish

M-2 Hydra

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2019
Louisiana
We just canceled service with viasat and am wondering if i could use the dish for FTA
I have the TRIA type b model the stubby one anyone know of a drop in replacement for an lnb on it

You will have to retro fit and fashion a mount for a standard LNBF. Off hand I can't remember the size of the reflector on that dish.

215579e75f7139272659fd7152e3c5f5.jpg
2129f0b9f66def4b47776ee4c52d9101.jpg
dc77c7a1c38e3a2f98efde9ee5900dd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: c-spand
This is same dish just exede on it.

Attachments

• 20191130_152737.jpg
    20191130_152737.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 20191130_152728.jpg
    20191130_152728.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: FTA4PA
Anyone know of a cheap but good enough lnb that would be compatible with Gt media v8 satellite finder. Im going to use the finder as my receiver

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

• Haha
Reactions: c-spand and KE4EST
Yesterday at 8:43 AM
Anyone know of a cheap but good enough lnb that would be compatible with Gt media v8 satellite finder. Im going to use the finder as my receiver
So the question was whats a good quality cheap ku lnb? And I recommend the Orbital Tracker one. The picture with the Exede dish has a Avenger Universal. Universal Ku LNBFs Titanium I don't know what Ku lnb you have as i have not seen any on your online store .Thank you for your feedback.

I no longer sell KU LNBFs, but usually recommend the Maverick or Geosatpro SL1.

My observation about the listing claims was not intended to be a personal attack on you. This LNBF may be good, but the seller's description makes it appear like they either are clueless or full of marketing BS. A claim that a LNBF makes video look better is pure BS...

My observation about the listing claims was not intended to be a personal attack on you. This LNBF may be good, but the seller's description makes it appear like they either are clueless or full of marketing BS. A claim that a LNBF makes video look better is pure BS...

This Lnb came with the Manhattan rc1978. As i found threw trial and error it seems to be a good quality Lnb compared to others i have used. As for next time you have maybe more knowledge on these products forward thinking would help others in the hobby. Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry that you took my post as an attack on you.

Correct, I know absolutely nothing about the Orbital Tracker LNBF and as an experience user, your testing would indicate that the LNBF is worth giving a try!

My forward thinking quickly identified BS in the seller's claim. Makes no matter if a product is good or bad, no reason to spread misinformation in order to sell a product. I would rather have a newbie on the SatelliteGuys forum know the real facts instead of thinking that their choice of a LNBF might affect how good the video looks.

Sorry that you took my post as an attack on you.

Correct, I know absolutely nothing about the Orbital Tracker LNBF and as an experience user, your testing would indicate that the LNBF is worth giving a try!

My forward thinking quickly identified BS in the seller's claim. Makes no matter if a product is good or bad, no reason to spread misinformation in order to sell a product. I would rather have a newbie on the SatelliteGuys forum know the real facts instead of thinking that their choice of a LNBF might affect how good the video looks.

i just want good enough performance because this will be my first setup and i want it to be portable-ish if you look at my stand for the dish you will see its in a tripod formation. thats my plan anyway

Reactions: c-spand
I've heard about 103 (SES3) and i see a few channels i would like to watch on it
1 is it an FTA satellite
2 can i pick it up with the viasat dish and rigged lnb mount
3 and also on a GT Media V8 satellite finder i will be using it as a receiver
thanks for all the help everyone

I've heard about 103 (SES3) and i see a few channels i would like to watch on it
1 is it an FTA satellite
2 can i pick it up with the viasat dish and rigged lnb mount
3 and also on a GT Media V8 satellite finder i will be using it as a receiver
thanks for all the help everyone
You may pick up the vertical signals easy. The horizontal ones might be tricky with that size. I would recommend fine tuning the dish to 97 west. Then try 103 and see what you may get. Have fun.