Vick Attended Dogfight!

They were stupid for trading Matt Schaub this off-season. They should have dumped Vick and kept Schaub. Unfortunately Blank see $$ with the black fans and Vick in Atlanta. Vick never could throw.

You must be kidding. Race had nothing to do with it. Vick could learn to throw and doesn't do too bad now.

Well, that is why it was not done by LOCAL authorities and the FBI was involved. I would not be surprised that when it comes to trial, it might be moved OUT of his home town....maybe even his home state. I am not too sure about federal laws when it comes to moving trials from one state to another. Either way, he have not been convicted just yet.

But like I said, where there is smoke...there is fire....

The Federal case ins now in Richmond.

Ramy...not saying race was a factor in why they kept Vick and traded Schaub is naive. It has been reported as such and is plain and obvious to see as the majority of Atlanta is black and it is all about the $$$. I am calling no one racist or anything like that, but, who is more marketable in their market? No one is more marketable than Vick due to the demo of the area.

case in point....read this portion of Blank's statement....

"Also, this situation affects everyone – our
club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among
them – so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions."

see bold word. he looks at them as customers.

Last edited:
FOOTBALL Speak....Nobody likes Vick....but if this was not looming over his head and he was available...I assure you that the line would go around the corner for his services.

But truth be told, where he is going to play is the LEAST of his worries. Things like "don't drop the soap" and things like that come to mind.....:(

great runner loosy passer. 20 td only 1 season, over 15 twice since he has been in the league. 53% completion % for his career. Joey Harrington ho every one thinks is marginal at best completes over 55%. Pennington 65%, Favre 61%, Kyle Boller almost 56%, Brad Johnson almost 62%, John Kitna almost 62%....the list goes on and on. He is not a passer but a runner.

great runner loosy passer. 20 td only 1 season, over 15 twice since he has been in the league. 53% completion % for his career. Joey Harrington ho every one thinks is marginal at best completes over 55%. Pennington 65%, Favre 61%, Kyle Boller almost 56%, Brad Johnson almost 62%, John Kitna almost 62%....the list goes on and on. He is not a passer but a runner.

And yes I assure you...if he didn't have his MAJOR legal issues...and was available....the GMS would be lined up around the block to get him.

When it comes to bringing in athletes....it's wins and asses in seats....and NOT necessarily in that order.

The Atlanta Falcons be given the opportunity to suspend Michael Vick from the team indefinitely. If they fail to do it, the NFL should step in and suspend him indefinitely. If Vick is convicted on the most serious of these charges he should be banned from the game of football for life.

I feel Vick should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but the man has so much money he probably wont spend one day in jail.

Just look at O.J., IMO they should let him in the dog pit naked with two t-bones tied to you now where, and let the dogs lose.:D

I feel Vick should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but the man has so much money he probably wont spend one day in jail.

Just look at O.J., IMO they should let him in the dog pit naked with two t-bones tied to you now where, and let the dogs lose.:D
Big difference...people actually liked OJ prior to his murderous acts.

The Atlanta Falcons be given the opportunity to suspend Michael Vick from the team indefinitely. If they fail to do it, the NFL should step in and suspend him indefinitely. If Vick is convicted on the most serious of these charges he should be banned from the game of football for life.

I think they will not suspended him, but put him in indefinately on the "unavailable to perform list" that ALL teams have. And then wait till this whole legal mess plays itself out....which I think would be the right thing to do. Remember, when suspended he does not get paid. They do that and, though I doubt it, is found not guilty on ALL charges...then he can sue the league and his team. And again, with certain things, I DO trust the legal system.

i heard on the radio that the feds have a 95percent conviction rate. i think this guy will be doing jail time.

Good. If he did it and he's convicted, I hope we see him in The Longest Yard - Part 3. I have no sympathy whatsoever for abusers of animals. Zero tolerance policy here.

I agree ONE THOUSAND PERCENT....but until I hear someone say GUILTY, I will hold my opinion....I made that mistake with OJ and the Duke Lacrosse team....:up

Make no mistake ... O.J. did it. If it wasn't for L.A.'s finest prosecutors (cough cough) he'd be writing his memoirs from behind bars. They and the police bungled that case from the get-go. As far as Vick goes, like you,, I'll reserve judgment until I see the evidence.

I agree ONE THOUSAND PERCENT....but until I hear someone say GUILTY, I will hold my opinion....I made that mistake with OJ and the Duke Lacrosse team....:up

Goodell has backed himself into a corner on this one. Pacman wasn't convicted of any crime and got a season long suspension. It will be interestting to see what he does here. As for Vick, at the very least he pissed away all his endorsement contracts and who knows how much he'll spend on legal fees, and probabily a NFL contract. With the Feds involved, I can't see him squirming free. That's the difference between OJ, Duke and Vick's case. The Fed's don't like to lose, and generally pursue cases they CAN WIN.

I think Kobe Bryant set this precedent. Remember when he was flying back and forth to Denver during the playing season? Like Kobe, Vick doesn't appear to have any real criminal history so the owner's giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Goodell has backed himself into a corner on this one. Pacman wasn't convicted of any crime and got a season long suspension. It will be interestting to see what he does here. As for Vick, at the very least he pissed away all his endorsement contracts and who knows how much he'll spend on legal fees, and probabily a NFL contract. With the Feds involved, I can't see him squirming free. That's the difference between OJ, Duke and Vick's case. The Fed's don't like to lose, and generally pursue cases they CAN WIN.