Vick Attended Dogfight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
<table class="bdy" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770"><tbody><tr><td height="5">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="bdy" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="10">
</td> <td width="440"> <!-- search:</noindex> --> <script> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </script> Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at a dog fight in 2000 and is "one of the heavyweights" in the sport, broadcast reports indicate.

An ESPN report Sunday cited a police informant whom a dog-fighting investigator called "extremely reliable."
"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant told the network. "And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, 30 to 40 thousand, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."
When asked how he knows Vick bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."
The informant said his dog beat Vick's dog in 2000, the year before Vick was chosen by the Falcons with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.
Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."
Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dog-fighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.
Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.
Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Life ban! If Williams can't get back in for smoking weed then Vick should be gone FOREVER if proven; right along if he plea bargains too.

totally agree but whether he gets it is another story. it sounds like this guy is bad news. and if roger godell is sincere about fixing the image, then mr vick needs a new occupation!

There have been a lot of "confidential" informants saying that he is involved. There was a supposed video of Vick actively involved in a dogfight that was going to be released. That video never became public. The only evedince directly linking him so far is from "confidential" people who admit to being involved in dog fighting. Their credibility is already low in my opinion. It looks bad for Vick, and evidence may come out that puts him in jail. However at this point I don't think there is any public proof he personally did anything wrong.

If such evidence comes out, the NFL will suspend him. The Atlanta Falcons will abandon him. He may face jail time. At that point he will become a has been, and possibly never play an NFL game again.

I reported the same thing a week or two ago. Yes there is an informant but who knows if its true or not. For two weeks Ive been waiting to see it on tape. Yes there is also rumored to be a video.

I agree about the lifetime ban but would they then have to put a lifetime ban on all felons? If so they would have to ban 1/2 of the Bengals.

agreed. Life ban

Then he can go to the CFL :)
They take anyone :D
Ice, if its true he should be in jail. Not playing football. I can barely watch those dogs fight on tape myself. Its sickening. And worse yet, when they get busted the dogs have to put down because of how they have been trained. Its not the animals fault. This is truely the most cruel and sick of individuals that support this.

There have been a lot of "confidential" informants saying that he is involved. There was a supposed video of Vick actively involved in a dogfight that was going to be released. That video never became public. The only evedince directly linking him so far is from "confidential" people who admit to being involved in dog fighting. Their credibility is already low in my opinion. It looks bad for Vick, and evidence may come out that puts him in jail. However at this point I don't think there is any public proof he personally did anything wrong.

If such evidence comes out, the NFL will suspend him. The Atlanta Falcons will abandon him. He may face jail time. At that point he will become a has been, and possibly never play an NFL game again.
I just wish this area I live in could produce one black sports star thats not a thug. What a disgrace. I guess Marcus really didnt fall far from the tree either. I hate to sound racist but it would be so nice to see a black role model athlete from this area instead of people always getting in trouble. I guess Iverson has calmed down a lot but he's not exactly a role model. :rolleyes:

Vick might have money, and athletic skills, but no brain.

Even allowing the dog fights to take place on property he owned is just plain stupid.

His cousin was using the house, but I have a strong feeling that he atleast had an idea of what was going on.

Jail him, and ban him for life from the NFL.

I agree about the lifetime ban but would they then have to put a lifetime ban on all felons? If so they would have to ban 1/2 of the Bengals.
\

i think part of what is unacceptable here is the fact that gambling is involved.(although I do not condone this "sport" fora LOT of reasons) The NFL has a long history of suspending or banning players that associate with gamblers in any way.

I am not sure if the CFL has a similar policy but if not he could go there----the AFL might be another issue since it is pretty closely associated with the NFL.

\

i think part of what is unacceptable here is the fact that gambling is involved.(although I do not condone this "sport" fora LOT of reasons) The NFL has a long history of suspending or banning players that associate with gamblers in any way.

I am not sure if the CFL has a similar policy but if not he could go there----the AFL might be another issue since it is pretty closely associated with the NFL.

I think the big thing that could lead to a long suspension, maybe even life-time is that the NFL is now trying to keep from slipping into the "thug" image that the NBA had. The NBA instituted a dress code and conduct policy. The NFL commish has been enforcing a conduct policy. The NFL is one of the more closely guarded "image" businesses. They will do anything to protect the image and brand of the NFL. That includes getting rid of one of the star players.

\

Gambling on sports will get you the boot but I wouldn't call betting on dog fights a sport. The NFL does nothing to any of the players that go to Vegas to blow a few hundred thousand.

Gambling on sports will get you the boot but I wouldn't call betting on dog fights a sport. The NFL does nothing to any of the players that go to Vegas to blow a few hundred thousand.
...except dog fighting is illegal in all 50 states and a felony in 47. Betting on an illegal activity demonstrates "willfully participation" and is a violation of the law. To some degree all participants are culpable and should be held accountable for their actions.

Betting one million dollars in Vegas - stupid, but legal.
Betting one red cent on dog fighting - stupid and criminal (go directly to jail and do not pass go).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)