Video Bridge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
I have to move my video bridge because of remodeling. As I understand, the bridge is just a wireless modem, right? It's currently in the basement, but attached to a ceiling floor joist. I just want to move it about 30 feet but it would actually be more centered between all the clients. Once I unplug it and move it, will I have to do anything or will it act like I re-set a receiver and just re-boot itself?

Thanks!

...and Happy New Year to all y'all.

It should just work after a few minutes. Worst case you may need to power cycle the clients after allowing the wireless bridge time to boot up.

If the client that is farther away is working fine now, and you are moving it closer to the center between the two clients, you should have no trouble.

Dont forget that the Wireless Video Bridge has a coax attached to it, so you need to extend the coax as well.

Everything worked fine, boys. It did take a little while for the clients to find the signal, but they all came on and all is well. Thanks! You can tell I'm nowhere near an expert here, that's why I read your posts!

Now I'm thinking about moving the HR44-100 to another room (which I know is a different animal because of that in-line SWIM box), or upgrading to the 4K since Mrs Manitoba and I purchased a Samsung 60" SUHD. Also got a Bose SoundTouch 130 to punch out the audio. It sounds frickin' awesome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)