video clarity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techman

Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
I have noticed a lot of graininess or fog like appearance on misc.. channels that are providing a strong enough signal.(80 to 90 range) It is noticeable in the the foreground of the picture and is especially noticeable in dark scenes of a movie or other broadcast. I have a multisat dish and have a newer directv brand receiver. I installed RCA receivers and a multisat dish for my mother and I don't see the same anomalies in her picture. I recently installed new cable and connectors leading to the receiver and have s-video connections to my television. I have always noticed a small amount of this graininess or fog but it seems to really be more noticeable this summer. Any ideas!? Thanks in advance

What brand/model TV do you have? Optimum adjustment of your TV's video settings using a calibration DVD like Avia or Video Essentials can make a big difference.

First all of the details and specs...
Living room, the newest of my three receivers. Directv D10 that's hooked up to an s-video 27" AV-27850 JVC television.
Kitchen, Hughes, Gold Edition Model Hird-E2 on a General Electric spacemaker television.
Upstairs, Phillips DSX-53050R Multimedia terminal hooked up to a 20" Apex flat screen.
Multi-Sat Dish installed about a year ago.
This graininess for lack of better terminology is almost like an iridescent film that appears in the background and is much more apparent throughout the picture when the scenes of a movie or broadcast are being shown in low light situations. (this exists on all three receivers) I have noticed this always but it seems to be exaggerated even more this summer. I replaced all of my cable early this summer. I am using the Quad Shield CATV RG-6 digital cable with Zenith ends, that has really helped maintain my signal during inclement weather.
I really took note of this when I had something else to compare it to. As I stated before in my initial post, I installed two RCA receivers for my mother last year paired with almost identical televisions and haven't noticed the sparkly film in either of her pictures.
I have a DVD but I haven't made any fine tune adjustments to that, I may have to look into that aspect more! Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)