Video Game Deals

Price cut on PS4's and PSVR.
Looks like Black Friday prices are coming back.

Tis the Season to Play: New December Deals for PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR Systems

If you haven’t already picked up a PlayStation VR or PS4 system for that special someone (or yourself), we’ve got some new PS VR bundle deals starting at $199.99 (MSRP), as well as PS4 Pro starting at $349.99 (MSRP), which is $50 less than the regular MSRP.

From Sunday, December 10, through Sunday, December 24

PlayStation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle
$199.99 (MSRP) // Regular price: $299.99 (MSRP)

PlayStation VR DOOM VFR Bundle
$299.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $399.99 (MSRP)

PlayStation VR The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle
$349.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)

From Sunday, December 10, through Saturday, December 16, the MSRP of PlayStation 4 Pro systems, including bundles, will be $50 off the regular suggested retail price.

PS4 Pro 1TB Jet Black Console
$349.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $399.99 (MSRP)

Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront ll PS4 Pro Bundle
$399.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)

Limited Edition Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle
$399.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)

Price cut on PS4's and PSVR.
Looks like Black Friday prices are coming back.

Tis the Season to Play: New December Deals for PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR Systems

If anyone ends up taking advantage of one of these deals on a new PS4 there is also a sale on digital games happening for The Game Awards. Many of these prices are the same as the Black Friday prices.
The Game Awards Sale | Official PlayStation™Store US

Steam is also having a Game Awards sale.
The Game Awards 2017

and so is Xbox Live.
Game Awards Sale | Xbox

No Man's Sky is in a Game Awards Sale???
:eeek :crowdbounce:eeek

There's a whole bunch of stuff that isn't really applicable. Hell, Warframe Currency is on sale.

I know that No Man's Sky isn't really worthy of any big awards. I was curious why it was included so I did a google search and found out that it won Most Anticipated Game at 2015's The Game Awards. I'm not sure why this category even exists. It's basically an award for which company is best at building hype. I can't imagine anything like this existing at the Oscars.

Warframe was nominated this year for Best Ongoing Game. This is how they describe this category:

"Awarded to a game for outstanding development of ongoing content that evolves the player experience over time."

Overwatch ended up winning this category which makes sense to me. Warframe is a game that has never really been on my radar so it's surprising to me that it was included but the nominees are made by votes from all the major video game outlets so clearly it had some pretty good support.

You can view the full list of this year's nominees and winners here.
Awards - The Game Awards

GoG is having their Winter Sale, going on until the 26th (2 weeks.) You can also get Grim Fandango Remastered for Free. There's also a few more new games on GOG Connect that you can get as well (For a limited time)

The Winter Sale • GOG.com

On a side note, in case you haven't learned already, this is more proof that there's NO reason to buy Double Fine games at launch or even at 50% off, because they will eventually be free, heavily discounted (75%+), or part of a Humble Bundle.

I couldn't resist grabbing Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $10 in the current PlayStation sale ($8 for Plus members). I loaded up Dragon Age 2 before I started it so I could set up my choices in the Dragon Age Tapestry. The contrast in graphics quality is remarkable even for this "older" PS4 game.

I couldn't resist grabbing Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $10 in the current PlayStation sale ($8 for Plus members). I loaded up Dragon Age 2 before I started it so I could set up my choices in the Dragon Age Tapestry. The contrast in graphics quality is remarkable even for this "older" PS4 game.

I only played about 10 hours of the first DA game and I didn't play DA 2 at all but I really liked Inquisition. I can't tell you how well it relates to the rest of the series but I think it stands pretty well on it's own.

Reactions: Zookster
I only played about 10 hours of the first DA game and I didn't play DA 2 at all but I really liked Inquisition. I can't tell you how well it relates to the rest of the series but I think it stands pretty well on it's own.

That's what I'm counting on. I didn't play DA1 either (though I have it on PS3 and PC), but I did play DA2 twice a few years ago. Yet, beyond the big decisions relating to companions (romancing, betraying, ensuring they lived, etc.), I couldn't remember much else about the game when I was tweaking that section of my default tapestry for DA2 (I left DA1 alone).

The Humble Monthly early unlock for January is Civilization VI and two DLC packs for it. Humble Monthly is $12 per month and 5 more games will be included at the end of the month. Even though I've played Civ VI much less than I played Civ V I highly recommend it at this price.
Humble Monthly

Mass Effect Andromeda is on sale for $9.89 in a PS4 flash sale right now. I know it had some issues when released (some which have been fixed) and isn't considered nearly as good as the original trilogy, but would my fellow ME fans consider it worth playing for <$10.

Mass Effect Andromeda is on sale for $9.89 in a PS4 flash sale right now. I know it had some issues when released (some which have been fixed) and isn't considered nearly as good as the original trilogy, but would my fellow ME fans consider it worth playing for <$10.

I bought it a long time ago but I haven’t played it yet. I’ve been meaning to get to it but other games keep grabbing my attention. A few years ago I wouldn’t have believed any other game could keep me from playing a new Mass Effect but all the negative coverage really lowered my expectations. I have to think it’s still worth $10 though, especially after all the patches that have come out since launch.

I bought it a long time ago but I haven’t played it yet. I’ve been meaning to get to it but other games keep grabbing my attention. A few years ago I wouldn’t have believed any other game could keep me from playing a new Mass Effect but all the negative coverage really lowered my expectations. I have to think it’s still worth $10 though, especially after all the patches that have come out since launch.

True. I guess pretty much any installment of a major franchise, offering as much content as an RPG does, is worth $10. It's partially a matter of whether it's worth prioritizing over the dozen other AAA games I have yet to play on PS4. I heard one potential issue with Andromeda is that it was created to be the first in a series, so there a lot of questions that go unanswered at the end, which will likely never be resolved--similar to my experience with The Order.

I heard one potential issue with Andromeda is that it was created to be the first in a series, so there a lot of questions that go unanswered at the end, which will likely never be resolved--similar to my experience with The Order.
They are planning to finish the story, but it'll be via a book. Not the ideal solution, but at least they're putting the effort in for those that legitimately want to know what happened.

‘Mass Effect: Andromeda’ fans will have to read a book for closure

Reactions: Zookster