Video Game Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah it's the 10th anniversary of The Witcher series, which would explain all the different sales places.

You're probably better off buying from GoG. It's DRM free, and more money goes to the developers, since they own GoG (CDProjekt).

Yeah it's the 10th anniversary of The Witcher series, which would explain all the different sales places.

You're probably better off buying from GoG. It's DRM free, and more money goes to the developers, since they own GoG (CDProjekt).

Right. I bought Witcher 3 and the expansion pass from GOG a long time ago because I've been trying to buy more of my games on GOG instead of Steam when the pricing is the same lately. I just bought Cuphead from GOG a few minutes ago.

I do buy certain games through Steam even if GOG has the same price sometimes. Usually I do this if I want to be able to play a game in the living room on my big TV and sound system. It's just much easier to use my Steam link if I own a game on Steam. You can still do it with games from GOG and the other storefronts but you have to add them to Steam as "non-Steam" games first and sometimes there are issues. It's doable but it's an unnecessary hassle if the price is the same on Steam. For games I know I'm going to play at my desk I'll usually go with GOG if it's an option.

PSN is having a "sale of the dead" for October. I put it in quotation marks because lots of the games are not horror/Halloween themed at all. Week 1 has a few prices I haven't seen before even on PC.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/sale-of-the-dead-week-1/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SOTD2017PS4G/1

Witcher 3 GOTY is $19.99 matching the new low price on PC.

Fortnite Founders Pack $23.99

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier $11.24

Salt and Sanctuary $8.99

The Technomancer $9.99

There are lots of other featured PS4 games too. If this is going to be a weekly thing there will be lots of games on sale by the end of this.

Edit - The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition is also $20.00 on Xbox Live. Basically wherever you play your games, you should buy this if you don't already have it.
Buy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition - Microsoft Store

You can buy ICEY and a Steam Link for $8.69 on Steam. What this essentially means is that if you buy ICEY, you can get a Steam Link for $1 extra.

Save 86% on ICEY + Steam Link Bundle on Steam

I'm thinking about buying another one because why the hell not at that price? I'm not sure what I would do with it since I already have a Steam Link setup at my TV but that is a crazy price.

I paid $50 for my Steam Link back when they launched and I use it all the time. When you add it the fact that it included a copy of Rocket League, which I have played for 454 hours at this point, it is one of the best $50 I ever spent.

For those who don't know Steam Link is a box about the size of a Roku that you plug into your TV with HDMI. It will stream games from your gaming PC over your wired or WiFi network to your TV. It runs Steam Big Picture Mode to give you a very console like experience on your TV. It will work wirelessly with the newer Xbox One controllers that have bluetooth built in, a PS4 controller, or a Steam Controller. You can also plug an older Xbox One controller or a keyboard and mouse in via USB. I personally use an Xbox One controller connected by bluetooth.

There were some hiccups around launch but the Steam Link works very well now. Once I start a game I can't even tell that I'm streaming from my gaming PC upstairs. Playing games on it is indistinguishable from my Xbox One or PS4 except for the fact that I get better graphics and 60 FPS.

If you are a Steam user who doesn't just keep your PC plugged into your TV there is no reason not to buy a Steam Link at this price. The only thing I would keep in mind is that they are clearly trying to get rid of stock with all the crazy low prices they have been having lately. My guess is that this is because they are planning to put out a new model with 4K support soon. The current model only does 1080p.

I'm thinking about buying another one because why the hell not at that price? I'm not sure what I would do with it since I already have a Steam Link setup at my TV but that is a crazy price.

I paid $50 for my Steam Link back when they launched and I use it all the time. When you add it the fact that it included a copy of Rocket League, which I have played for 454 hours at this point, it is one of the best $50 I ever spent.

For those who don't know Steam Link is a box about the size of a Roku that you plug into your TV with HDMI. It will stream games from your gaming PC over your wired or WiFi network to your TV. It runs Steam Big Picture Mode to give you a very console like experience on your TV. It will work wirelessly with the newer Xbox One controllers that have bluetooth built in, a PS4 controller, or a Steam Controller. You can also plug an older Xbox One controller or a keyboard and mouse in via USB. I personally use an Xbox One controller connected by bluetooth.

There were some hiccups around launch but the Steam Link works very well now. Once I start a game I can't even tell that I'm streaming from my gaming PC upstairs. Playing games on it is indistinguishable from my Xbox One or PS4 except for the fact that I get better graphics and 60 FPS.

If you are a Steam user who doesn't just keep your PC plugged into your TV there is no reason not to buy a Steam Link at this price. The only thing I would keep in mind is that they are clearly trying to get rid of stock with all the crazy low prices they have been having lately. My guess is that this is because they are planning to put out a new model with 4K support soon. The current model only does 1080p.

dont need this, didnt want it, but bought it anyway.............................

There is a big Halloween sale happening on GOG right now. The have also added a bunch of horror themed games to GOG Connect, meaning that if you own them on Steam and hit the connect button it will give you a DRM free copy on GOG too. Also, if you spend $15 or more during the sale you get a free copy of Tales from the Borderlands.

Halloween Sale • GOG.com

Just keep in mind that it might be worth checking back in on Connect later. I own Walking Dead: A New Frontier on Steam and it is one of the eligible games for GOG Connect but it isn't showing as one of the games I will receive on GOG even though 3 other games are. I've checked Reddit and it seems lots of people are having this problem with various games.

Edit: I got it to work. I had to add my other eligible games first. Once it shows that you have no eligible games GOG gives you a refresh button that double checks your Steam account. This is not the same as the refresh button on your browser which is what I thought everyone on reddit was talking about when they said a refresh fixed the problem for them.

Last edited:
There is a big Halloween sale happening on GOG right now. The have also added a bunch of horror themed games to GOG Connect, meaning that if you own them on Steam and hit the connect button it will give you a DRM free copy on GOG too. Also, if you spend $15 or more during the sale you get a free copy of Tales from the Borderlands.

Halloween Sale • GOG.com

Just keep in mind that it might be worth checking back in on Connect later. I own Walking Dead: A New Frontier on Steam and it is one of the eligible games for GOG Connect but it isn't showing as one of the games I will receive on GOG even though 3 other games are. I've checked Reddit and it seems lots of people are having this problem with various games.

Edit: I got it to work. I had to add my other eligible games first. Once it shows that you have no eligible games GOG gives you a refresh button that double checks your Steam account. This is not the same as the refresh button on your browser which is what I thought everyone on reddit was talking about when they said a refresh fixed the problem for them.
Steam is having a Halloween sale as well, but it looks like their systems are still "catching up" because a bunch of stuff is displayed without discounts as of 2:30 pm EST

Edit: Humble is having one too.

Last edited:
You can buy ICEY and a Steam Link for $8.69 on Steam. What this essentially means is that if you buy ICEY, you can get a Steam Link for $1 extra.

Save 86% on ICEY + Steam Link Bundle on Steam
Ok so the Steam Link is basically heavily discounted everywhere, so at this point it's safe to assume that either A: The Steam Link is being discontinued, or B: A new model is going to be released.

Horizon: Zero Dawn, arguably the best game released this year, is on sale for $20 from Best Buy, and is $16 if you have GCU. To be fair, there is an upcoming "Complete" edition that includes DLC for $50 on 12/5, but with this current deal it's still cheaper to buy it here and then buy the $20 DLC.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/horizon-zero-dawn-playstation-4/9082293.p?skuId=9082293

Edit: A whole bunch of stuff is on sale apparently.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-video-game-virtual-reality-deals-1

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)