Video Game Deals

GOG is having a summer sale. You need to check back often because they have a bunch of limited time sales with discounts up to 90% off. I'm hoping I can FINALLY pick up a copy of Broken Age, as 50% is my entry price and the closest I've ever seen it get to is 40%.

http://www.gog.com/

This is definitely the best gaming weekend of the year. I'm not sure exactly which games I would even target right now though. I have been getting to most of the bigger games I want via rentals so it would be mostly indie purchases for me. During past seasonal Steam sales I have bought dozens of games but that was when I was still building up my PC game library. If I saw a good enough price I would look up reviews and buy games I've never even heard of.

Now I feel that I've already got most of the games I wanted from various sales or rentals. I'm sure I will make some random impulse buys too but my embarrassing backlog is telling me to limit those.

I guess my wishlist for now would include the following games if I can get them at a good enough price(75% off or more). A lot of these are probably too new to get that deep of a discount already though. I think I finally have enough games backlogged to have the willpower to pass on 50% offers knowing how low these PC games usually go if you wait another month or two.

Dark Souls 2
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Child of Light
Transistor
Broken Age
South Park
Wasteland 2

This is definitely the best gaming weekend of the year. I'm not sure exactly which games I would even target right now though. I have been getting to most of the bigger games I want via rentals so it would be mostly indie purchases for me. During past seasonal Steam sales I have bought dozens of games but that was when I was still building up my PC game library. If I saw a good enough price I would look up reviews and buy games I've never even heard of.

Now I feel that I've already got most of the games I wanted from various sales or rentals. I'm sure I will make some random impulse buys too but my embarrassing backlog is telling me to limit those.

I guess my wishlist for now would include the following games if I can get them at a good enough price(75% off or more). A lot of these are probably too new to get that deep of a discount already though. I think I finally have enough games backlogged to have the willpower to pass on 50% offers knowing how low these PC games usually go if you wait another month or two.

Dark Souls 2
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Child of Light
Transistor
Broken Age
South Park
Wasteland 2
Broken Age is on sale NOW on GOG for 50% off. Just get it there (and hopefully you'll get this message before the sale expires in 2 hours). I doubt the Steam Sale will be better than that and you also have a DRM free copy of it.
http://www.gog.com/game/broken_age

Speaking of GOG, you can get Magrunner: Dark Pulse for FREE for a limited time.

Broken Age is on sale NOW on GOG for 50% off. Just get it there (and hopefully you'll get this message before the sale expires in 2 hours). I doubt the Steam Sale will be better than that and you also have a DRM free copy of it.
http://www.gog.com/game/broken_age

Speaking of GOG, you can get Magrunner: Dark Pulse for FREE for a limited time.

I actually prefer to have a game in my Steam library versus DRM free or another form of DRM if the price is the same. I'll obviously buy with no DRM or a different DRM if the price is better. It sounds strange to say that because DRM is usually the enemy of the consumer. It's just easier for me to see which games I already own and have Steam keep them all automatically patched for me. It's kind of crazy how many times I have looked at a store page in Steam only to find that I already have the game in my library. I haven't seen any annoying limitations from Steam DRM and they provide me with a lot of convenience, plus I'm not really worried about them shutting down and making all my games unplayable anytime soon.

I actually prefer to have a game in my Steam library versus DRM free or another form of DRM if the price is the same. I'll obviously buy with no DRM or a different DRM if the price is better. It sounds strange to say that because DRM is usually the enemy of the consumer. It's just easier for me to see which games I already own and have Steam keep them all automatically patched for me. It's kind of crazy how many times I have looked at a store page in Steam only to find that I already have the game in my library. I haven't seen any annoying limitations from Steam DRM and they provide me with a lot of convenience, plus I'm not really worried about them shutting down and making all my games unplayable anytime soon.
Fair points, but just for future reference, GoG does allow for manual updating, not to mention they're about to launch their own Steam-Esque system that will automatically update and all that, without the DRM restrictions. I'm obviously not a non-Steam guy, but Steam DRM HAS been known to cause issues with a number of games I've run into, so for the path of least possible resistance, DRM-Free is the way to go.

I'm guessing the Steam Summer sale has officially started! I just tried to check it out and got this message, "Sorry, The Steam store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later."

cowboom.com (bestbuy site) has ps4's for 299.

It's pre-owned, and this is its condition :(

Notes:
item has significant scuff marks on the top of the outer matte casing. the glossy faceplate also has significant scratch and scuff marks on it.

What's Included:
Game Console, Hdmi Cable, Wireless Controller, USB Cable, Warranty Seal
Not Included:
Ac Power Cable, Wired Headset, Owners Manual

Item Location:
Chino, CA

Product Grade:
4 - Significant scratches or scuffs

it is pre owned, reviewes from slickdeals say they come in great condition most of the time,just a way to save 100 bucks, or get a used one with a two year warranty and still come out on top :)

Origin is launching "Origin Game Time" which appears to be a service where you get to play a full game for free for 48 hours. Steam has had this feature for some time but I guess better late than never for origin. To kick off EA is putting Titanfall up for free for 48 hours. Also it appears they're discounting the game by 50%.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/play-titanfall-free-game-time

King you may want to go on Steam and Vote for the Casual Comedy Package as the next Flash Sale, as it will give you Broken Age for 66% off if it wins.

On a related note, GoG is putting up free games every so often during their flash sales. Hopefully nothing that will cripple the site like the Fallout Trilogy did. Check it out occassionally, or just follow GOG on Twitter @GOGCom.

Reactions: king3pj
King you may want to go on Steam and Vote for the Casual Comedy Package as the next Flash Sale, as it will give you Broken Age for 66% off if it wins.

On a related note, GoG is putting up free games every so often during their flash sales. Hopefully nothing that will cripple the site like the Fallout Trilogy did. Check it out occassionally, or just follow GOG on Twitter @GOGCom.

I voted for this. I am positive this deal will be offered as a flash deal or daily deal at some point during this sale even if it loses though. Usually you see the same exact prices on these games a couple times each during these sales. Once I see it at that price I will pick it up.

PS+ Free Games for July have been announced..

I'm actually very excited that Strider will be available. I played the originals on the NES and Genesis and this reboot has received a number of good reviews. It's been sitting on my Steam Wish List but it's nice to know I can finally get it for free, and seeing as Second Son will likely be out the door by the end of this week and because Gamefly has been about as generous with games as the Powerball has been with odds of actually winning something, my PS4 will need a reason to justify it's existence, at least until the damn HBO GO app gets on it and I can finally use it to watch Game of Thrones.

Here's a review of Strider.

PS+ Free Games for July have been announced..

I'm actually very excited that Strider will be available. I played the originals on the NES and Genesis and this reboot has received a number of good reviews. It's been sitting on my Steam Wish List but it's nice to know I can finally get it for free, and seeing as Second Son will likely be out the door by the end of this week and because Gamefly has been about as generous with games as the Powerball has been with odds of actually winning something, my PS4 will need a reason to justify it's existence, at least until the damn HBO GO app gets on it and I can finally use it to watch Game of Thrones.

Here's a review of Strider.

Cool. I almost bought Strider on Steam yesterday. Glad I decided to hold off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw it was on sale for 40% off but I said, "Nope, 50% or GTFO." Good thing I stuck by my guns, not to mention the fact that it's not like I'm exactly starved for games lately. Between Broken Age, TWD Season 2 and TWAU I'm good for at least a month. Of course it would be nice for GF to FINALLY send me a 2nd game as part of my free month, but I suppose it's hard to complain about not getting enough games during my FREE month of service..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)