Video on Demand - charged a second time for a movie already downloaded?

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I had selected a VOD movie (via the DVR/Dish Cinema menu). When I initially selected it, I could see what the cost was, and confirmed that I wanted to pay for it and selected the RENT key at the bottom. As expected, I was charged for the movie. I watched the movie a day or so after I rented it.

Several days after watching the movie, I noticed it was listed in My Rentals (DVR/Dish Cinema/My Rentals) with the comment "Available to Watch for 220 Days 14 Hours". There was a scene I wanted to see again, so I selected the WATCH key at the bottom. There was never any mention of a charge, and the movie started right away.

I get my bill and I see I was charged twice for this movie, the second date being the day I rewatched the one scene.

So, is this expected? I'm surprised I was not notified there would be an additional rental charge, had I been notified I would not have watched the scene.

Is there anyway to remove the movie from My Rentals? I don't want it sitting there for 220 Days and having the chance of it being "watched" again and getting charged for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts