Video Output from Moto STB fails

jjmmd2003

Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Has anyone else had just the s-Video and the standard video stop outputting from the STB while the component & DVI output works fine??

I have my s video connected to my Panny DVD recorder (has to do for now till the VOOM PVR comes out) & it just stopped working. Caused me an hour or so of troubleshooting to test all other possibilities. Once I knew it had to be the Moto (Voom) STB, I powered it off & back on & sure enough the video was back.

??
next time try the reboot if STB is in question.

I've never had that happen yet but I have not had good luck with the program planner. 2 out of 4 times it has NOT swiched over to the channel when it was supposed to.

jjmmd2003 said:
Has anyone else had just the s-Video and the standard video stop outputting from the STB while the component & DVI output works fine??

I have my s video connected to my Panny DVD recorder (has to do for now till the VOOM PVR comes out) & it just stopped working. Caused me an hour or so of troubleshooting to test all other possibilities. Once I knew it had to be the Moto (Voom) STB, I powered it off & back on & sure enough the video was back.

??
next time try the reboot if STB is in question.

It's happened to me a couple of times (not very often, though). As you wrote, A quick reboot of the box fixes it.

I had exactly opposite problem with recent software upgrade. My composite video is fine but my 1080i output was missing for awhile. I had to do several hard reboot to receive 1080i output to my TV. My STB was showing very strange behaviors since last software upgrade. Hope this problem is not permanent. Anyway, hard reboot (waited about fifteen minutes) along with phone line unplugging helped to get back my 1080i output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts