VideoPlus Model: VP1000 Satellite Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Someone has one of these for sale. I looked at it and it looks like an older knob-tuner sat receiver. The odd part is, the person who is selling it still has the dish, who said its only 3 feet in diameter.

Was this for some kind of obsolete, short lived, satellite TV service?
Someone help to shed some light on this.

Reviving an old thread, I found one today at an auction. It's a really odd thing, because they are small, about the size of a blu ray player.

There is no output for an actuator, and the channel, skew, and audio control are all done via knobs on the front. There is no remote. The manual states it was for c and ku analog satellite tv.

There is also no VC2 slot, or even outputs for one.

Funny thing is, these were made in the early to mid 90s, long after tons of cband became encoded.

So what purpose did this serve?

Reviving an old thread, I found one today at an auction. It's a really odd thing, because they are small, about the size of a blu ray player.

There is no output for an actuator, and the channel, skew, and audio control are all done via knobs on the front. There is no remote. The manual states it was for c and ku analog satellite tv.

There is also no VC2 slot, or even outputs for one.

Funny thing is, these were made in the early to mid 90s, long after tons of cband became encoded.

So what purpose did this serve?
I have a couple of those they were supposedly used for some company's video training for their sales people . They had voltage controlled lnb switching .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)