Viewing SD %

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
On your MAIN TV how many hours of SD content is watched weekly? How about total hours of SD viewed on all of the TV's in your house? For my house it is ZERO hours per week anywhere.

During the Summer I watch a lot more SD as the HD content often gets pretty long in the tooth with reruns of fall shows an a dearth of new and interesting content on the movie channels.

The only SD I watch is METV ota old rerun shows and TvLand for a couple of shows that are new, but DISH forces us to watch in SD. Everything else I refuse to watch in sd over satellite.

Only SD I watch consistently is on CSN Chicago. I usually watch Sports Talk Live around dinner time, so 30-60 minutes consistently. There is the occasional movie on one of the SD Encore channels and maybe a SD channel here and there, but outside of CSN Chicago, next to nothing.

MeTV and now I watch Bluehighways TV in SD (I love Bluegrass music). My young daughters watch it all the time since Disney Jr & Nick Jr are only in SD (they can't tell the difference).

The Lone Ranger on Saturdays on channel 82, MeTV and one or two others here and there.

A few hours per week. I like BYU TV's programming, especially The Story Trek. We catch some old '70s, '80s and '90s fare as well. Chiller is SD, and we watch that several times a week. But, hey - we're OLD! SD is a trip down memory lane!

Reactions: fhsucade07
Several hours a week. Euronews, Eurochannel, Ebru often, TV land for a few shows not also shown on NICK, USN at times, Supers channels with some regularity mostly for news especially KTLA and KWGN. More recently FETV for couple of retro shows and POP for some of their original shows too. Add that a couple of the shopping channels from time to time.

Zero. Last time I checked, between my wife and I we have just over 110 total shows set to record between all of the DVRs, every single one of them is in HD.

A few weeks ago my HR34 missed recording Murder In The First, and I accidently deleted it off my cable DVR (Thought I was deleting a different show). So I had to resort to On Demand, Yuk! DirecTV had the previous four episodes of it up and in HD, but did not have episode five up yet the Tuesday after it originally aired. Time Warner had episode five right away, but they didn’t have any episode of it in HD. I gave it until Thursday evening, still nothing on DirecTV, so I suffered through the SD playback on TWC. That is the first whole TV show I watched in SD in probably 6 or 7 years.

If I’m not able to catch him on SiriusXM, I will occasionally tune into Cam and Company for a truncated version of the show on Sportsman Channel, which I do not have in HD. But like I do with all radio shows that are simulcast on TV, I turn the TV off, and listen in the background while I’m doing something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts