Viewsat 9000HD or Sonicview 8000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tregletasu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Georgia
I had a bad experience by receiving an altered (hacked) Sonicview 8000HD that I bought as new from an obviously not reputable dealer - it's still sitting here for them to claim it.:mad:
Thus, I am back in the market and I am asking for guidance which receiver I shall buy. I am also open for any other comparable receiver.

What exactly is the problem with the Sonicview receiver?

Altered how?

You could reflash it with good SW.

This bad experience... What are you talking about?

These kinds of receivers are built with hackers in mind. It's a much better idea to get something like azbox, which does dvb-s2 out of the box, or a pansat where you can put in an actual dvb-s2 board to scan for feeds with.

I had a bad experience by receiving an altered (hacked) Sonicview 8000HD that I bought as new from an obviously not reputable dealer - it's still sitting here for them to claim it.:mad:
Thus, I am back in the market and I am asking for guidance which receiver I shall buy. I am also open for any other comparable receiver.

I got a sonicview 8000 at a salvation army for hella of cheap and has hackware pretty much stuck on it since the USB don't work, and has been working great for me on FTA channels.

I got a sonicview 8000 at a salvation army for hella of cheap and has hackware pretty much stuck on it since the USB don't work, and has been working great for me on FTA channels.

yours must have a really old version of the "hack" software....newer versions are giving all kinds of errors and problems....these problems are apparently not going away even after flashing and installing a factory file....

and just a FYI....you can still load files (newer factory files) to your SV8000 using the serial cable to your computer and the sonicview 8000 loader program....seeing as your USB is not working....

yours must have a really old version of the "hack" software....newer versions are giving all kinds of errors and problems....these problems are apparently not going away even after flashing and installing a factory file....

and just a FYI....you can still load files (newer factory files) to your SV8000 using the serial cable to your computer and the sonicview 8000 loader program....seeing as your USB is not working....

The only problem with serial is what new computer these days has serial connectors.Would have to buy a serial card or a usb to serial cable.

Please see my thread "Zero Quality" for details.
I am done with that dealer and I am seeking actual suggestions what to buy handling HD. I am not interested in changing software (hacking).

Please see my thread "Zero Quality" for details.
I am done with that dealer and I am seeking actual suggestions what to buy handling HD. I am not interested in changing software (hacking).

the software i suggested that you try is NOT hacking software it is the original sonicview factory software....it is worth a try to see if it fixes your problem....it will only take 5 mins to load....

if you want a different receiver then the viewsats are a poor choice....go for an azbox or pansat....

Mike11,
I believe you misunderstood me. I meant to say, I am not looking for a box where I want to hack. I am looking for the best (one of the best if price is very high) HD receiver currently on the market.

Agreed on the viewsats since they were sued out of business by dishnetwork. Look for a company that's still around to provide software updates and fixes when they are required. Unless you're wanting to search for HD sportsfeeds, you may be disappointed in what HD is available right now on fta. PBS, and a NASA feed is the only fulltime channels I can think of, the rest are just event-specific feeds.

are you looking to use this box for ku-band only?

if that is the case then i agree with "turbosat" above....there is not that much ku-band HD out there....in my opinion its a waste of money unless you are going for c-band or planning on it in the very near future....

I use the Sathawk(Solomend) HD-PVR-800, works well now with the latest firmware loaded. Does SD and HD very well, if you are not interested in a lot of sports feeds. It will not do 4:2:2 chroma, most FTA is 4:2:0 so it works well for regular TV viewing.

Nfusion is a hack box.There is a very long thread here on a sathawk 8000 this looks like a good sd hd box for under $200.

What's your opinion about NFusion HD Nuvenio?

lol...the nfusion is probably your worst choice...even worse than the viewsat or sonicview...it does not even blind scan...i dont really know why you dont want to take the opinions or advice that are given to you about the azbox or sathawk or pansat...you seem to ask questions and then you dont want to follow the advice so why bother asking at all?? :confused:

lol...the nfusion is probably your worst choice...even worse than the viewsat or sonicview...it does not even blind scan...i dont really know why you dont want to take the opinions or advice that are given to you about the azbox or sathawk or pansat...you seem to ask questions and then you dont want to follow the advice so why bother asking at all?? :confused:

Relax and come down! I am listening and soaking it up like a sponge but I want multiple opinions. I haven't decided what next but I want to be reasonable sure my next decision is a good one. Looking around at the web everyone claims his is the best box and it's difficult to find the truth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts