Viewsat extreme AC3 decoder?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lavaboy

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Would anyone know if it is possible to listen ( picture is fine) to the AC-3 dolby digital channels on 125W? I was wondering if one of the factory or hack files does it?

I have my extreme hooked up to an old Sony TV through an old sony VCR/DVD combo and do not have any S-pfid jacks on either.
I noticed another thread mentioned the Viewsat ultra file can decode the channels on 125W?
Also saw something about a sonic voom box to decode?

Would the newer receivers like Nfusion decode AC3? I have access to an Nfusion Solaris which I may just get for the pvr function?

Thanks

P.S. Not sure how long has RTV on 83W been around? I never pointed at it until I got a motor last week, great Channel ( even though it has commercials).

I have one more question.
If I get a Dolby 5.1 surround sound home theater system can I plug my RED and White RCA outputs directly to the home theater box or do I need to use the SPDIF optical jack?

Lavaboy, I've had a sonic voom for quite a while and it works good. It pays to shop around for one if you can find it. At one time Ebay had them at about $20 or so. I think Amazon had it too...but you'd crap when you saw their price. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.