Viewsat extreme AC3 decoder?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lavaboy

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Would anyone know if it is possible to listen ( picture is fine) to the AC-3 dolby digital channels on 125W? I was wondering if one of the factory or hack files does it?

I have my extreme hooked up to an old Sony TV through an old sony VCR/DVD combo and do not have any S-pfid jacks on either.
I noticed another thread mentioned the Viewsat ultra file can decode the channels on 125W?
Also saw something about a sonic voom box to decode?

Would the newer receivers like Nfusion decode AC3? I have access to an Nfusion Solaris which I may just get for the pvr function?

Thanks

P.S. Not sure how long has RTV on 83W been around? I never pointed at it until I got a motor last week, great Channel ( even though it has commercials).

I have one more question.
If I get a Dolby 5.1 surround sound home theater system can I plug my RED and White RCA outputs directly to the home theater box or do I need to use the SPDIF optical jack?

Lavaboy, I've had a sonic voom for quite a while and it works good. It pays to shop around for one if you can find it. At one time Ebay had them at about $20 or so. I think Amazon had it too...but you'd crap when you saw their price. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)