Viewsat Ultra ac3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Does anyone know if this problem has been rectified..I have a VS ultra,which is a nice receiver,but does not pass ac3 audio..Thought perhaps a new factory file might be released or has been released..Thanks.

If you go to viewsatusa website they have a new version of the firmware, I haven't tried it yet to see if it works the ac-3 sound. I think its version 1.24
, the 1.22 that was up there for 6months or more never did fix it. I gave up, after hounding them for 4 months, earlier this year. I bought a traxis 3500, which does the ac3 now, and blind searches faster than the Ultra (and just about any other fta rec lol)
There is a new model Ultra, that has a Samsung processor, recently released, that is using a vers 1.31 firmware. I read about it on another site, firmware is supposed to be compatible with the original Ultras and the new model, unk if it fixes the sound prob or not. That isn't up on the VS support page yet.

Thanks tubosat..I'll check around a bit more and see what I come up with..

been trying all day to get my new ultra to work . really really need some HELP.!
every time i try to load an old bin at the end i get error.
tried to load factory bin. get error. thanks for your help!!

Are you using a usb-flash drive? If so, I have read that some brands of the flashdrives do not play well with Viewsat Ultra. I have a Walmart -special , 512mb Memorex brand.
You have to follow the directions in the manual to make it work. If you're using the cable that hooks to the computer, let me know, there's diff steps to follow for that. I'd first try to power off at the back, unplug from AC a min or two, and then plug in/power up see if it resets.
edit> You are using the Viewsat bin from their website-correct? It may have to be 'unzipped' before you put it on the flashdrive, its been awhile since I tried updating.

Last edited:
Let us know if it works out....I hate loading software into the thing for fear of killing it off.

Well I loaded the v1.24.into the ultra..I'm getting dolby stereo on some channels,you can hear the "click" sound when it cuts in,but still not getting the real AC3 audio,for example a station using this audio is WRAZ ( RTN),which is ac3..just will not pass..now this is strictly C- Band..don't have my KU hooked up yet..may have to try another fact.file sometime..

I never was able to get it to work on that channel either, don't know why it works on some but not others. The 1.24 and 1.31 factory file seem to be the same, as far as the sound goes. It'll work most of ones on PBS-ku channels on AMC3.

I never was able to get it to work on that channel either, don't know why it works on some but not others. The 1.24 and 1.31 factory file seem to be the same, as far as the sound goes. It'll work most of ones on PBS-ku channels on AMC3.

Well its definitely working on more services than before..just went to Galaxy 23 and pretty well getting all the Dolby audio services there..just seems some of the channels..like WRAZ ..are delivering the audio differently..HMMM...OH well I'm getting more now ,than I was previously..Thanks turosat for your replys and help.If I should come up with some new updates to this problem,I'll let you know..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)