viewsat ultra & AMC4 RTPi

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
so i have a pansat 1000 and a viewsat ultra with a 39 inch dish pointed at AMC 4 for RTPi with a standard dual lnb.

on the pansat 1000 i get 80% signal strength, and on the viewsat ultra i only get 12%.

does anyone have a viewsat for true FTA???:p

if so, can you let me know what your signal strength is?

thanks

Nigel, sorry you are still having trouble . I have the same Ultra receiver, right now it shows about 67signal , quality jumps from 77-85 on that RTP
channel. Looks great, stable picture. Are you sure you have the dish angles as good as possible? I'm using a 1m primestar with the standard primestar lnbf.

well maybe because it's going through a disecq switch, it's a digiwave, should I switch the switch??

That might be a place to start, if you can try it straight thru to the lnbf without the switch, or maybe try another port on the switch incase one port is bad. Turn off the receiver before you unplug anything frm the diseqc or it could damage it.

it's the switch, i just ran it directly to the receiver and I get 75% signal strength. I still need a a disecq switch though, which should I get?

glad its something simple :)

Is the switch normally mounted outdoors or indoors? If I remember, you're in a northern climate area so maybe a heavier duty switch or even one with a cover will work. I have a couple 4x1 switches from DMSI with covers and they are outdoors with no issues (and I'm in Minneapolis)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)