Viewsat VS2000 ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
oof...Havent had the Viewsat in so long I dont know which software goes in it ;)

When I had the Viewsat there was only one model of Viewsat :D

Well thanks to a forum member who got me the proper firmware, i was able to follow the instructions here and feed it the new firmware. the thing works perfect now :)

thanks for all the help guys.

now i just need to locate a Ku Dish and Feedhorn

i will slap on dish and see if i pickup channel 100 to check if it's fully functional.

Well thanks to a forum member who got me the proper firmware, i was able to follow the instructions here and feed it the new firmware. the thing works perfect now :)

thanks for all the help guys.

now i just need to locate a Ku Dish and Feedhorn

i will slap on dish and see if i pickup channel 100 to check if it's fully functional.
Did it end up being the Platinum FW?

some h4xor prolly f-ed it up while loading a file and junked it, thats a deal, when are we going to stat finding HD boxes in such a fashion :)

Possibly...likely, but the question was since that was a 1st gen Viewsat (original) what FW did it end up using? The original is not even referenced on the Viewtech homepage.
j/c, for future reference...........

Did it end up being the Platinum FW?

yes it did :)

that is what was confusing the crap out of me all along. the original VS2000 was not referenced on the website and i did not know which of the others to use.

so now i know to use platinum firmware.

wonder why 3rd party firmware screws these boxes up?

i use 3rd party firmware on all of my linksys wireless routers and it has virtually crash proofed them.

seems no one has problems writing good code for them, wonder why FTA boxes are so easily screwed up.

like one poster stated, after market firmware often adds functionality that the hardware is capable of that the mfg. did not activate.

but it works and i'm sure not going to screw with it :)

it is what it is and the price was right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Another Newbee to FTA

LPB again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)