ViP 211/211K new software don't work

raychen168

Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
ViP 211/211K new software don't work with Spaun Mulitswitch

Since Dish Network update software to L523 on ViP 211 & L454 on ViP 211K, all of the Spaun switch cannot work with ViP 211/211 K

Prior software L521 will still reads Spaun switch as DisEqc 41.

However, after software update, once you do a check switch, it will not read Spaun switch at all, it will display only 1 Satellite acquire and for switch it will display DP feed; and sometime it will show no satellite .

Anyone know how to fix this??

It is design to work with DirecTV & Dish Network's HD system, and it works very well, consider that I need a switch that can support up to 12/16 receiver at a time.
And with Dish Network's DPP44, it can only support up to 4 receiver per switch....and it really really heavy, plus it must be mount on a wall.....a rather "big and space" problem for those who has more then 4 receivers to support.

Yes it is been set to DiSEqC, and it has never been changed, it works with all other dish receivers, 322, 311, 301, just not the HD receivers with the current software L523 & L454

IIRC, DPP44 can be daisy chained through the side ports to additional ones or to cheaper DP34 if you do not need single cable/separator for dual tuners nor the fourth satellite. The limit is 12 or 16 outputs, I forget. Remember you need power inserter on input 1. I don't know if that is for one DPP44 or each one.
Almost sounds like you need a more commercial multi-unit (MUD) control.
-Ken

Anyone figure this one out?. 4 port diseqc switch would be the perfect solution to use with my vip211 right now...

Finally came up with a method to make it work.....

This method will only work if you are a retailer or can file RMA request to get a new
remanufacture dish box.

When get a new box, which it will not have new software, it will have the default software which is 437 or ealier. Plug it into Spaun system and run check switch.

It will reconize Spaun switch as "DisEqc 41" then after the check switch it will download to current software which is L526, and it will read spaun switch as "Sat 3 or 4"

But here is the catch, after the new software download, DO NOT DO CHECK SWITCH!!!! or it will not work!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts