VIP 211 HDMI output not functioning

gjh3260

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
New Brighton, Minnesota
Last night the HDMI output on my 211 apparently bit the dust. It was working fine up until a few weeks ago when I lost the signal I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of the receiver and replugged and it worked fine. Last night it didnt work again. I jiggled the cable a little.......got snow on the TV screen for a second then got the "acquiring sat signals" for another second and then there was no signal again.

I tried a different HDMI cable, power reboot and still nothing, the HDMI input on the TV is fine as a I have my DVR going thru it with a Monoprice 3 in 1 switcher.

I do not have any component inputs available on the TV to use.

I know the HDMI output on the 211 is very fragile from reading other threads.

Called Dish Tech support and after 45 minutes of frustration from do a power reboot and trying to sell me another HDMI cable (which I already tried previously), etc etc. it was getting late and I had had enough.

Does anyone know an easier way to get a hold off Dish to get a replacement reciever ? To me its obvious the HDMI output is not functioning.

I do have an EHD and I know that is working thru the receiver via the USB port because the blue light is on.

Also does anyone know if the 211k supports an EHD ?

You don't have any Component inputs on the TV available to USE,
but do you have any Component inputs on the TV available to TRY?
(a TV with HDMI input but no Component input is unusual, unless this is something that's very recently started happening in the onward march of DRM...?)

Because, with the same box and same TV, if you can still get an HD picture via Component, but no longer via HDMI, this would lend weight when trying to get Dish to replace your unit.

Dish is sending out a replacement receiver. Should be here in a few days. The reciever does work using the AV (red, yellow, white) but of course its not HD. This CSR was very cooperative and had no problem sending out a replacement. I know the pins on the HDMI are very fragile so I am hoping there wont be an issue with the replacement 211

I've got the same problem with my 211 that I've had for a while. For the last two weeks the HDMI has been coming and going. It finally crapped out yesterday. The TV HDMI input is fine so I knew it had to be the 211. Got component cables hooked up.

Not sure if I even want to hassle with DISH to get a replacement.

Dish is sending out a replacement receiver. Should be here in a few days. The reciever does work using the AV (red, yellow, white) but of course its not HD. This CSR was very cooperative and had no problem sending out a replacement. I know the pins on the HDMI are very fragile so I am hoping there wont be an issue with the replacement 211

I just had a replacement 622 sent when the HDMI connection went south.

I've got the same problem with my 211 that I've had for a while. For the last two weeks the HDMI has been coming and going. It finally crapped out yesterday. The TV HDMI input is fine so I knew it had to be the 211. Got component cables hooked up.

Not sure if I even want to hassle with DISH to get a replacement.

I think you are smart that you didnt. It took me almost 1 1/2 hours on the phone over a 2 day period to get it my replacement working and my channels correct. Got the replacement and hooked it up and the HDMI output worked fine. I called Tech support to get it activated and thats where the problems started. Activation went fine but instead of removing the defective receiver from my account the idiot removed my new receiver and all of a sudden I lost all my HD channels. After several "hits" still nothing. Then this CSR finally exhausted all his resources and transferred me to Advanced support. After 20 minutes of rehashing the problem this person figured out the new receiver was deactivated. So she reactivated it sent a hit and got my HD channels back. That evening when I was going to watch hockey on Center Ice I found out all those channels were missing. Another 30 minute call and explaining that I already paid for it. I got them working again. What an ordeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)