Vip 222k picture tear/shear on local HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gtbaum

Original poster
May 18, 2010
Baltimore
Hi all-

New to the message boards (and the world of HD in general) and hoping for some guidance on a technical issue before I get someone from Dish out at my apartment.

Since I purchased my new TV a week or two ago (Samsung LN46C630), I've noticed my local ABC HD channel gets what I'd call a horizontal picture tear or picture shear midway down the screen. When there is a fast moving scene or scene changes, a thin horizontal line splits the screen in half and the top and bottom halves of the screen become temporarily slightly offset. The image then also becomes choppy. If I switch to the SD broadcast of this same channel, no issues at all.

It's only the ABC HD channel, all others are fine. I've changed the output on the 222k from 1080i to 720p, makes no difference. Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem? Let me know if there are more technical details I can provide (excuse my ignorance if I've left out something obvious).

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, done the hard reset a couple of times, no luck. It's seemingly so isolated, is there any way it would be a weaker signal for that station than others? Not 100% familiar with how satellite signals are distributed...

Hey try going to the menu on your receiver and then press 6-1-1. This will take you to the point dish screen. Select satelitte 129 and set the transponder to 21. The signal strenth should be above 50. What does yours say???

Not going to be anything a tech can fix. Save the $15 bucks, unless you need to purchase componant cables and they happen to cost more. We stock them on the vans. Probably another issue with the hdmi compatibility. To agree with another post it may be the feed from the local affiliate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)