ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

My rebooting problems now SEEM to be over - one week now without a reboot. I had unplugged the OTA antenna for the last several months, but am now using it again.

After reading about multipath I went up on the roof & found that when I had a tech replace my antenna last year (I was hurt at the time & couldn't climb) he had taken several feet of coax slack & mashed it into several loops & cable tied it to the antenna mast. I cut the slack out, routed it nice & straight, and retied it to the mast with electrical tape.

Plugged the antenna lead back into the receiver & voila - no problems for over a week now. I didn't have a meter to check for multipath - but it sure seems to have been the problem - there have also been several software updates since I last had the antenna connected so that also could have helped.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already. And don't know if it's really a bug or a feature,

When I have some things on the dvr grouped in a folder and I look at the description of one of them and then close it, it closes the entire folder so I then have to re-open the folder and try to find my place to read the next description, etc.

I'd think it ought to just close the individual item and keep it's place in the folder.

Anyone else have this problem?

How I solved my 722k freeze issue: Have 2 722k's. Both are connected to a Clear Stream 2. Antennas Direct | Outdoor TV Antennas for HDTV Reception. Each run is 50'. Splitter on roof divides the runs to another splitter on each 722k and the tuner in the TV's. No amplifiers are used. Antenna is 25' high. Signal strength in the 90's. Even with a strong signal would get freezes. Using a digital storage oscilliscope I detected a "ghost of the signal" at a much lower level. This indicated a small impedance mismatch which most likely affects the first 2 meters of coax at the connection to the antenna. Put another way the RG6 would not be perfectly shielded and would act as another antenna picking up the same signal, but at a slightly different time. This would confuse a sensitive tuner, which I believe the 722k is. By routing the RG6 vertically from the middle of the antenna for the first 2 meters and keeping it away from anything metallic solved my problem. The "ghost" signal has disappeared on the scope. It was so low that it probably wasn't noticeable on the old analog system.
Not one freeze or reboot in months. Others may have a different set of issues. But this may resolve it for some.

Quick question. How do you check for multipath? How expensive is the scope?

If the signal is fluctuating and sometimes dropping to zero you have a multipath problem. A solid signal indicates no multipath.

Side By Side PIP is not fixed cannot access it by pressing the Position button.

When I select TV Shows in Dish On Demand,Most Popular,select Done,it automatically goes to Search TV Shows.It did not do that before L631.

Had to do a Power button reset to reconnect to Dish On Demand.

Extended Guide with Picture barely shows the last channel(number 7) when paging up or down so it's of no use to me to try and use that Extended Guide with Picture.

Dish Online cannot refresh DVR through the website.

When highlighting a program in the guide there is no time run listed in the program's information,only when you press the info button do you see the time run listed.

My latest testing of L631 was that I was experiencing reboots last night and I disconnected from the internet to see if that would be the difference,it did not matter if I was disconnected from the internet or not my VIP622 would reboot when I would go into Dish Cinema and select TV Shows.

This morning it was working better it's almost like we need to wait for 48 hours after a software download because there is some improvement,yet I am still having the issue when I select TV Shows in Dish Cinema and try to exit it goes to Search then when I exit that it goes back to Dish Cinema,not TV Shows?

I have been having the wrong date being setup to record on my timers,so I have had to keep watch on my timer recordings to make sure the recording is the correct date.

Also I have been able to run out my guide to the end(it tells me my guide info is outdated)then I press update.I did that twice then I pressed no and I still was able to look at 9 days of guide.So it would seem L631 has some issues.

Noticed this morning when I would press my guide button to view the guide options and then cancel to view a full picture that I would have a small picture on the right side of my TV screen,I can then press cancel again and view a full sized picture.So it would seem that someone(wishful thinking?) is working on this Side by Side PIP problem issue with L631.

I have noticed on my 622 that when I am recording an OTA program, if I start watching the recording from the beginning while it is still recording, the recording will glitch at the moment I started watching it. For example, if I start watching a program from the beginning at 30 minutes in to the recording, I will see a glitch at the 30 minute point on the recording. It will be accompanied by an error "part of the recording was lost". This seems to happen regardless of channel or signal strength. I don't recall this always being the case. It seems that it started happening about the same time that the DVR folder glitch started.

I've had a lot of issues including the black screen freeze since the big update but the thing that pisses me off the most is when I have a show scheduled to record at 8pm and it fails to record with a reason of signal (happening a lot since the update) it still skips over the replay at 10pm. You would think the DVR would be smart enough to grab the next scheduled broadcast when a show doesn't record.

I just got the audio skipping (dropping no pop) over the past couple of days on Premium Channels. But have noticed since the last SW update that the Optical Out is 10db lower than before. I am finding that I have to turn up the volume on my reciever more now and have to turn it down for other gear. Where I have never had to do this before. I have known that the RCA outs are lower across the board. Feeding my distribution network the 722 is quite a bit lower in volume than my Blu-Ray or DLNA sources.

I didn't see this one so here is mine. When I go to play something from my list, half the time it does not start playing. I have to press the 30 sec jump button and press back twice on the 10 sec back button. If I press back 3 times it stays locked up again with a black screen, VIP722K.

I didn't see this one so here is mine. When I go to play something from my list, half the time it does not start playing. I have to press the 30 sec jump button and press back twice on the 10 sec back button. If I press back 3 times it stays locked up again with a black screen, VIP722K.

My 722k has been doing that for a while now as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)