ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

I have noticed an increase in audio dropouts via HDMI in the past couple of days. It is getting very annoying. No pops like others are describing, but just a second or two of where audio just goes away. This is happening on Sat and DVR (which is probably because its recorded the dropout)

Interesting new bug.
Changed channel and the left 1/3 of my screen still had the old channel the rest of the screen had the new channel.
Changing channels and the left 1/3 stayed the same looping 1 second of the the channel I was on before the first channel change problem.
A soft boot fixed the problem.

Audio gaps

Software Version: 355
Mode: SINGLE
Dish Setup: D1000 (110,119,129)

Frequent audio dropouts on HDMI connection. (Many times per hour.) Rewind and replay and audio is there. Occurs on both HD and SD channels. I do not have OTA. Tried SD and HD sync options - audio dropouts present with both settings.

Audio on optical TOSlink connected to my surround sound does not show any audio dropouts.

voripteth said:
Dish Setup: D1000 (110,119,129)

Frequent audio dropouts on HDMI connection. (Many times per hour.) Rewind and replay and audio is there. Occurs on both HD and SD channels. I do not have OTA. Tried SD and HD sync options - audio dropouts present with both settings.

Audio on optical TOSlink connected to my surround sound does not show any audio dropouts.

I have HDMI, but use optical to receiver. I'm getting drop outs with 5.1 stuff that is recorded.

More details here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=58781&page=4

Ditto. Most noticeable on Fox out of NYC, but ABC had a few when I recorded Lost and Desperate Housewives as well.....

I have been getting audio drops identical to those posted above but on my 921 which hadn't had this problem for quite some time. Maybe if they are related on Dish's end.

Ditto. Most noticeable on Fox out of NYC, but ABC had a few when I recorded Lost and Desperate Housewives as well.....

Bob: Exactly the same here in Northwest Jersey. NY Fox especially bad on dropouts. Tried to watch "Idol" and the musical "performances" plus the dropouts combined made it too excruciating for me to continue. Am usuing HMDI connection. Tried the pause and release thing, but to no avail. My "old" 921 without HDMI had no such dropouts. Since this problem is evidently widespread, judging from this forum, what's our next step? At a loss here.

My dropouts tonight made watching unbearable. My wife was about to pick up the phone and call Time-Warner!

Seriously though, Dish better get their sh*t together. I went from a perfectly working box to one I can't even use. DVR programs also suffer from this. I even hooked up rca cables to see if it was just an HDMI problem to no avail.

I can't believe how much the last download messed up my 622. I am ready to call Dish and request a $5 credit on my account for the additional reciever fee, since I can't even use the damn thing. I suggest all others to do the same.

I had my 622 installed yesterday. The Dish installer was a nice guy but did not have a clue. I finally (and am by no means a pro) had to finish the installation myself. He did figure out , after two hours, that he had to change the LNB's on both my 500's. My only gripe with the 622 , to this point, is that my OTA locals (via antenna) are coming in at the low to mid 70's . The had been in the low to mid 90's with my 811.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Also on what page of the manual do you find out how to record an OTA program while watching a Dish program and reverse? If it was there it was not clear.

lrossnm said:
Also on what page of the manual do you find out how to record an OTA program while watching a Dish program and reverse? If it was there it was not clear.
Just like any other program. Pick it from the guide. If the channel is in yellow, it's OTA.

LER

Dish Setup: D1000 (110,119,129), Dish 500 Pro (61.5), DP44.
Seperator

Audio Drops out on Toslink, changing channels back and forth brings it back. Happen on HD and OTA HD.

Two bugs I've witnessed on my brother's 622:

1. Serious audio problems on TV2 (connected over coax) Sounds just gets louder, then softer...continuously bouncing back and forth. I assume this is what everyone is describing as drop-outs. He previously had a 522 connection using this, so I doubt cabling is the problem.

2. Occasionally, it decides its losing reception to the satellite on random channels. For instance, I was there when they were trying to watch VH-1. It would just go out with the standard lost signal warning, flip the channel up and right back down and the channel was back...no reconnect or anything. At this time, only VH1 was affected. The channel would stay on for a short period of time then go out again. In roughtly 15 minutes, it did this probably 8-10 times. They said they'd had it happen on other channels, but didnt mention which ones. I did a front-panel reboot, but havent talked to them since to see if it was still happening.

DVR'd HD Show

Software version: 355
Mode bug occurred in: single
Dish setup: Dish 500 (110 & 119) and Dish 500 (61.5)

Last night - DVR'd the NBC shows on my local HD channel from 8-9. When playing them back, audio sync was terrible. The sound and video was at least a second off - nothing corrected it. I also noticed a previously mentioned issue - where when starting play, the video jumps forward as if you hit skip.

This is DEFINITELY a bug that needs fixed - or i'll never be able to DVR an HD show.

Arthope said:

Bob: Exactly the same here in Northwest Jersey. NY Fox especially bad on dropouts. Tried to watch "Idol" and the musical "performances" plus the dropouts combined made it too excruciating for me to continue. Am usuing HMDI connection. Tried the pause and release thing, but to no avail. My "old" 921 without HDMI had no such dropouts. Since this problem is evidently widespread, judging from this forum, what's our next step? At a loss here.

It's not just the HDMI output as I use the TOSLink optical input on my A/V receiver. Major problems either within the 622 with processing Dolby Digital sound or a feed problem.

It's like the bad old days with the Dolby Digital output on Showtime while watching Stargate SG-1 when they had it...... Constant drops and no way to work around it.....

622 Bug: Black bar between picure and right grey bar when using SD with grey bars (component cabling). This will cause burn in on crt and plasma tv's!! This problem was addressed on the 921.
Can't believe this problem was not noticed during testing!

Just for the heck of it when I lost audio on the HD channels I started a recording of one of the channels. Waited for the recording to complete. Front panel reboot. When it came back the recording had the audio.

Software version: 355
Mode bug occurred in: single
Dish setup: Dish 1000

Bug: UNRELIABLE TIMERS--I check in morning to confirm the evening timers (which show the "dot" on the program guide), then later in the day some of the recording dots disappear. Sure enough, it does not record the program even though it shows up on the "daily schedule".

Bug: Randomly, the unit is slow or unresponsive to Remote #1 commands.

DWS44 said:
Sounds just gets louder, then softer...continuously bouncing back and forth. I assume this is what everyone is describing as drop-outs.

On my system the audio dropout is complete silence for a second or two followed by normal audio. It seems to cycle every few minutes this way. The actual duration of the cycle changes from time to time.

The HDMI connection has the audio dropout most frequently. My optical TOSlink to my surround sound system has it rarely but I have heard it happen a few times there as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)