VIP 622 and Locked Movies on External Hard Drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gilbie

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Wisconsin
I have a VIP 622 receiver and I store all my movies on an external USB HDD. I have a couple of movies on there I don't want to keep any more and when I went to try to delete them they would not delete. So I went even further and just did a restore on them so they would move back to the receiver, but when I did that it kept the movie on the USB HDD and now on the receiver. I noticed though that the movie had a lock on it so I had to unlock it on the receiver before I could delete it. But here is my problem. The movie I want to delete on my USB HDD is locked, and it does not give me an option to unlock it so I can delete it, and I really don't want to reformat the HDD and loose all my movies.

So far as I know, the EHD does not have locks or obey any lock when you put them on the EHD.
All files are "locked" when retrieved from the EHD.

My problem was some older recording using the 94xx channels that I now tend to lock out. They have to be unlocked for each program in the file including the minute before and after. The alternatives seem to be to unlock everything (easiest) or unlock the old channel numbers and hope you get all you need or live with unlocking each as it comes up. What's really bad is you can't even see the titles if you hit a locked channel. Show locked may fix some of that for the EHD but then you show the locked ones in the schedule. which you don't want to see. No perfect solution. They need to separately lock the EHD and the internal drive.
-Ken

With locks enable on the internal, retrieved files obey those locks including by channel, so you have to give the passcode on each of those file to delete them. I haven't tried multiply selected deletes using the edit option on the internal. Just would be easier to turn off locks for a while.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)