VIP 622 Charges Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigdog5142

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
Orion, MI
Hello! I just wanted to post and see if anyone here has experienced the same thing I am currently experiencing with E*. I did the "Dishin it up" upgrade back in Feb of 2007...I paid $175 at the time for the upgrade. For the next 10 months or so, I paid my fees for my AB 200, the $20 HD package and the $5.98 DVR fee. Then, in September or October of 2007, I began being charged $6 per month for a leased receiver fee. I have tried to question that charge one time and one CSR told me it shouldn't be there...another said the same thing...then the last one told me that it should be there. I don't understand why I'm being charged a $6 per month fee when I paid the $175 "lease fee" when I first got my VIP 622!!!

Has anyone else had this happen...or do you pay a montly lease fee? I did sign up through AT&T...

The $175 was the upgrade fee. You should have been charged $6/month lease fee from the beginning. So looks like Dish gave you a break for the first 6 months. I haven't leased anything so I'm thinking this is what is should be.

A single 622? I thought the primary receiver had no lease fee. Also if you switch to DVR Advantage I think you will see no lease fee AND no DVR fee (and the locals are included in the DVR Advantage). I have a 622 and a 508 and I just DIU back in August 2007. I have no lease fee on the 622 and no DVR fee at all (the 508 is grandfathered out of any DVR fee).

A single 622? I thought the primary receiver had no lease fee. Also if you switch to DVR Advantage I think you will see no lease fee AND no DVR fee (and the locals are included in the DVR Advantage). I have a 622 and a 508 and I just DIU back in August 2007. I have no lease fee on the 622 and no DVR fee at all (the 508 is grandfathered out of any DVR fee).

There should be either a lease fee or an additional receiver fee (but not both) due to you having two receivers on your account.

There should be either a lease fee or an additional receiver fee (but not both) due to you having two receivers on your account.

This is what I don't get, though. I don't have two receivers on my account...I have one 622. I do have the two TV outs...but that comes with the receiver. I've heard that some people get charged the $6 and others don't. It just doesn't make sense to me that I had to pay $175 up front and still have to pay $6 per month for a lease fee. It can be extremely frustrating to get totally different answers from different CSR's.

This is what I don't get, though. I don't have two receivers on my account...I have one 622. I do have the two TV outs...but that comes with the receiver. I've heard that some people get charged the $6 and others don't. It just doesn't make sense to me that I had to pay $175 up front and still have to pay $6 per month for a lease fee. It can be extremely frustrating to get totally different answers from different CSR's.

If you read the small print under the packages it states the first receiver is included in the package price this includes DishHD. I have been told that if you signed up when you did you still have to pay the $6 a month. I argued this and had it removed as I threatened to leave and wore the supervisor down. That being said it reappeared when I had to do a hardware swap last month. I e-mailed Dish with no response but when I switched to the DishHD package I pointed out where it stated the first leased receiver was included and it was removed.

Hope that helps....

ok guys i know that is your only rcvr but it is a dual tuner you have to plug in a phone line or you will be charged an additional rcvr fee.

I have a 622 and a 722, both leased. I'm charged ONE leased receiver fee and only ONE DVR fee because I have DVR Advantage. The way I understand it there should be no lease fee for the primary (in your case the ONLY) receiver. :rolleyes:

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts