VIP 622 installation tips

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenalpine

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Montrose CO
There was a reference to VIP622 installation tips published by Steve G yesterday or the day before, but I can't find the post. Can anyone supply a link, please?

We are scheduled for a 622 install on Sunday (replacing one of two 211's). Should I insist on a E or F rev and refuse anything else? Can I do that?

Finally, if I want to use a laptop cooler pad should it go under the rcvr or above?

No you cant insist on a revision as the technician and the office he/she works out of cant control their inventory like that.

If you need a laptop cooler then place it underneath where the receivers cooling fan is at but if the cooler has fans built in then it will need to have its air flow go in the same direction as that of the receivers cooling fan wich is into the unit from the bottom. I dont believe a fan based laptop cooler will work for you in this instance as they heat away from the laptop but I may be wrong about that.

I've had a C series for over 2 years with not a single problem. I also had a laptop fan under it for about 6 months. It lowered the avg. temp 2 degrees. Problem is those things are not meant to run 24/7 and after 6 months the fans became noisy and I got rid of it. My avg. temp is 114.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)